Home Service Manager

Change Requests - Custom Status

Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Wondering if anyone has implemented custom status to change requests work items. 
We recently started to use CR in SCSM but the managers are wanting more status values outside of "in Progress and Hold" 
I was able to access in the library but doesn't appears accessable to manually update outside of SORCH.

Best Answer

Answers

• Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

We recently started using CR in SCSM also.  Similarly, our managers wanted additional statuses so rather than tamper with the OOTB stuff we created our own. 

We extended the Change class and created a new enumeration list to populate it with our own statuses.  It's all very manual but seems to work for us.

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two follow up questions
    "This can be overcome with a custom change status task."
    Assuming it will be a powershell event. Do you know of examples to peform the update after providing the user a selector 

Do you know what would happen to the status if the attached Activites progress (or if they would)?
    Meaning a CR with status = "Deffered" and an MA gets marked completed 
    Would the status update again to "In Progress" or (my first thought) the next in line activity would remain in "pending"
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to close out this thread, I have worked around the issue by updating the available values for the activities stages. Since the CR relies on the activities the stage values is providing me the reporting to match my environment. (Just meant a lot of joins in the SQL queries)