Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Work item count badges on menu items

Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
The idea is to get a quick glance at the current workloads both personal but also my team and the total count visualized with badges summing the total work items.

From an end user perspective it's also very useful since most users don't check "My requests" for new review activities and should they forget to act on the email (guess most organizations use subscriptions for this) sent they will see this badge when logging on to the portal for other reasons.

Did a custom solutions for this but since there are no API endpoint that returns only what's needed ajax calls summed up during a day with a fair amount of work items is not optimal and in the end some customers might not want to use something not made or supported by Cireson!

Current custom implementation:

58 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This custom edit to the portal is amazing and adds real word productivity benefits for analysts who stare at the queue all day every day.

PLEASE VOTE THIS ONE UP!!  :)
  • Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

This is the easiest vote that can be made.

@Martin_Blomgren you're a marvel.

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Please vote this one up!!!
  • Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Wonderful customization, but be warned that it comes as a performance price, each update downloaded the contents of the associated grid to calculate the counts. In particular we had users with 15+ tabs open to workitems, each of which making duplicated calls to the api to update the counts. We've disabled using this customization until Cireson's api supports a lighter wait to get the item count.

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to second this comment from @Jerry_Veldhuis.  It is heavy, because there is no apparent way to make it lighter, yet.  Having the customization and voting up this feature request are certainly not mutually exclusive.
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I've had a customer experiencing this issue with regards to performance. Thanks to @john_doyle for spotting this yesterday. Memory utilisation for the SDK service has dropped from 11GB to under 1GB since disabling this feature. It's a shame about this issue as we've received excellent feedback on this