Home Service Manager Console App Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Stop the clock

Is there a way that cireson can create a stop the clock management pack? Case Dimensions have created a SCSM console app that can stop the clock.
11 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Could you please explain more what you are looking for. Are you talking about when a ticket is being worked on or as far as SLO go?
  • Amarjit_DhillonAmarjit_Dhillon Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Yep, I was refering to pausing the SLO. An example of a scenario can be when we have to escalate to a third party and hence we need to stop the clock/pause SLO.
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We have the same requirement, but not for when assigning to vendors, but when we are waiting on users.
    can I suggest that your SLO build in the time that it takes a vendor to resolve the job.. 
    e.g try and match up YouR vendor SLAs to your Custer SLAs (while building in a little fat) this is the ITIL approach anyways.

ON A side note, I can see how this feature would be useful for waiting on users..
    Adrian
  • Amarjit_DhillonAmarjit_Dhillon Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    totally agree, if users are not available, I would also like to stop the clock as it is not fair on ICT SLOs breaching when its the customer that is not available.
  • Paul_HardingPaul_Harding Customer IT Monkey ✭

I was told this was on Cireson's map 2 years ago and not heard anything since. We too would like the ability to pause SLAs on certain criteria e.g. Incident moves to "pending" state. We are currently achieving this using a crude workaround.

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    More information can be found here: http://blog.scsmsolutions.com/2013/02/sla-in-scsm-2012-part-3-hidden-features/

That shows a way of doing it, but as the article mentions this is not supported by Microsoft. We've looked at implementing this, but have had a lot of pushback. It's possible we will still integrate something in the future, but we've put this on hold for now.
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Any chance that this is on the table again for consideration?

• Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We've been successful using this for Incidents for many years. Now Leadership wants to implement the same thing for Service Requests. Think this should be easily adaptable?