Home Asset Management

Asset Management Handling

Hello Community,

Is it possible to add displays to the hardware assets automatically and connect them to the computer?
Is there also a possibility to change the Type of a Hardware asset by the name? I have the problem that my printers and my servers are inside my hardware asset management but servers have the asset type "computer" and the printers have not any type.
The types server and printer are configured inside the hardware asset management types list.

Also my printers have not any properties like serial number inside the asset management. is there a way to get this information? Via SNMP or the SCCM?

Thanks you all.

Best Answers

Answers

• Philipp_SchäferPhilipp_Schäfer Member IT Monkey ✭
    I found out that i have to create catalog items manually for each Model i have in the asset management. This helps to split notebooks, workstations and servers into different asset types.
    I thought that this can be done automatically.  :/

I will try to use powershell and orchestrar for the printer properties. Thank you for this.

Do you have any idea how to add display to the asset management as consumables and add them to the computers automatically? Can this be done with Orchestrar too?
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Can you clarify this statement?

Do you have any idea how to add display to the asset management as consumables and add them to the computers automatically? Can this be done with Orchestrar too?

I would say yes, you can do just about anything in SCSM with Orchestrator, but I'm not clear on what you are trying to do from the statement above.

edited January 2017
    No problem,
    i want to import all our monitors inside the asset management and relate them to the specified computer.
    So i know for example that an employee with a notebook has two additional displays from Dell with 24 inches and the serial number X.
    I know that SCCM shows the monitors inside the resource explorer so the data should be available.
    okay thank you for this information.