Home Analyst Portal

Template ID in runbook configuration

Nicola_SchubertNicola_Schubert Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Guys

I have a runbook that monitors Objects based on Template ID. I am having trouble getting it to recognise the Template ID. Can anyone clarify how this property is referenced?

Is it the Template Name?

When I query this via powershell the Template Name is ObjectTemplate.d49181ba7c834368cbfe2a108f but it is not being picked up by the runbook.

Cheers

Nic

Best Answer

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Basically, the template name and template id are two different things. By default in SCSM the template id field on a service request is NOT filled in, as the template id is not set for custom template in the UI of the console. If you want the template ID to be filled in for each SR, you need to modify the SR template to include the template ID. 

As Brett stated above I do go over this in the link listed, only for a different reason but the method is still valid.

As for querying the value then in Orchestrator or Powershell, you'd just read the TemplateId property of the Service Request object and you should see the template id that you manually set in the parent template.

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Nicola_Schubert
    Template ID's on Work Items can be an issue and there may be a better way to achieve what it is you are after.
    There is a great blog post on this by @seth_coussens
    https://sethcoussens.com/2016/02/10/cireson-portal-dynamic-forms-by-template-id-part-3/

Hope this help you in what you are hoping to achieve.

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Basically, the template name and template id are two different things. By default in SCSM the template id field on a service request is NOT filled in, as the template id is not set for custom template in the UI of the console. If you want the template ID to be filled in for each SR, you need to modify the SR template to include the template ID. 

As Brett stated above I do go over this in the link listed, only for a different reason but the method is still valid.

As for querying the value then in Orchestrator or Powershell, you'd just read the TemplateId property of the Service Request object and you should see the template id that you manually set in the parent template.