We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.
For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
An Exchange Connector by Cireson
- Control the other Work Item classes (e.g. [start] RB, manage PR, RR, and even Cireson's Project sync task)
- Kind of like the above, perform direct hooks to SCO/SMA
- Set resolution categories on Incidents (instead of null which happens on [resolved])
- Update parent work items from child activities (addresses users responding to Activities that simply just disappear)
- Obtain things other than just a message from Exchange (calendar appointment for a scheduled work item, contact inserted into Vendor for Asset Management, etc.)
- Dynamically merge items from users not in the CMDB. This would aim to address vendor ticketing systems that effectively do the same thing as SCSM, but don't understand how to keep an organizations work item number in [brackets]. This would potentially prevent the duplication of new Incidents (when in fact it should just be one in the same). This would require "All emails from X with Y in the subject." thus allowing this connector to scour work items via some other critieria. Perhaps users not in the CMDB get their own Work Item template so as to have less of an impact on scanning the CMDB during runs?
- Obtain the current "state" of a Work Item. Similar to an ordering process, check in to see what the current state of a Service Request (i.e. "In Progress, current Activity"). This would be beneficial with respect to Review Activities (e.g. Your SR is currently awaiting approval on these reviewers) and the same logic could apply to CR/RR.
Just a few ideas, but ones I think that could significantly change email interaction with SCSM