Home Analyst Portal

How to Show different ROs in the same SO based on AD groups

Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Is there a way to show different ROs based on targeted Ad groups in the same SO?

Lets say group1 can see RO1,RO2 and group2 can see RO2,RO3 under the same SO.

Thank You!

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    As far as I know, the portal does not accept this level of granularity. AD groups decide which SOs people have access to, you can't do it on an individual RO level... well you could try, but the portal won't demonstrate this configuration.
  • Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Another Q, how to hide the SO title and the line that goes with it?  I also have a hard time sorting SOs and ROs the way we want without using #s or charachters. Any idea how to sort in JS?

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Adrian,

Back to question 1. You can achieve this 'effect' by having multiple identically named SOs each containing different ROs. Control the access to SOs with Catalog Groups -> SCSM Roles -> AD Groups as normal and the portal will combine all the ROs in multiple SOs with the same name.

Hope that's clear.

As for sorting the SOs, very tricky without a complete custom home page. The solution I always use is to number them. You could then use some JS to remove the numbers from the start of the labels.

Hiding the SO title and line can be done in CSS with

#catalog-area > div > div > div > div > div > h4 {
    	display: none;
    }

Geoff
    Thank You Geoff for your answer. How can remove the start of the RO labels with JS to be able to sort them?
    Geoff_Ross  to merge SOs into one, do you put them in the same catalog group?  Or you  keep same named SOs in different catalog groups and just give users/groups access to these catalogs?