Home Analyst Portal

Warning during setup of Analytics portal

Tomi_KaartamaTomi_Kaartama Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi, while installing the latest version, the following warning appears:

Failed to Populating Data Retention Default Settings items CiresonAnalytics on BIL-S-SC-SMDB01\SCSMDB : The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

Is this something that I need to worry about?

Best Answer

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Tomi_Kaartama
    When you ran the upgrade did you also upgrade the Database or did you turn that off as part of the installer?
  • Tomi_KaartamaTomi_Kaartama Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I used the default settings so I would assume that
    Yes, The default settings will do a complete upgrade including the database.

After the install has finished does it say it was successful?
    Does the portal load?
    Do you have the new administration items that allow you to set retention settings?
    It says it is successful, portal loads and I do have the new retention settings available.
    So the error only came up during the install.... Can you please attach the inform log file so we can investigate further?

thanks
    Hi, two log files attached. During the first install, I got 4 warnings. When I rerun the install a little bit later, I was only left with this one warning.
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    You may try restarting the DB server if possible. Sounds like you have some sort of table lock. Then re run the install again. 
    Kind of strange that there would be a table lock in a newly created DB?
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Not knowing how your environment functions exactly or what other outside backup services, etc you have running it's difficult for me to say if it's 'strange' or not. It can happen for many reasons. I can tell you this is not an issue we've had report yet to our support team, but please do so if it' still an issue for you so we can track it and better help you remmediate.
    Unfortunately our SQL server is a cluster with other running applications as well so rebooting it is not an option.

Is there any SQL command I could run to determine if there are locked tables?