Home Analyst Portal

Changing SMTP information in portal, anonymous access not longer allowed

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi,

we have an SMTP configuration in the portal using the same Information like in the notification channel in SCSM. The channel is configured to allow anonymous authentication.

Now, we got a new Exchange environment where anonymous authentication will no longer be allowed. In SCSM, the channel can be changed to Windows Integrated, but I couldn't figure out what it means and which account will be used to send E-Mail notifications. How about the configuration in the portal? There, I cannot select whether the e-mails will be sent anonymously or with a specific account. What happens when I change to the new SMTPServerName which won't accept anonymous access? The SMTPEmailReturnAddress will be kept. Is there a possibilty to configure Windows Authentication and if yes, which account will be used? Does it take the configuration from Service Manager?

Thanks for your help.

Ingrid

Best Answer

Answers

• Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hello Carrie,

just a follow-up on this: when does the change of the SMTPServerName takes effect? IISReset will be enough, reboot of the Server or something else? I'd changed it last week but the SendMail feature in the portal still took the old server to send the mail.

While still on portal version 5.0.8, which credentials will be used if anonymous access won't be allowed any longer? Webpool account? Unfortunately, I just cannot update the portal as I would like to, I probably have to wait until the end of March.

Ingrid

• Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Anybody else could answer this question what's required and  needs to be done when changing the SMPTServerName?