Home Analyst Portal

Portal 7.3: Lost ability to Filter ID column on Views by Contains, Starts With, Ends With, etc.

David_DarlingDavid_Darling Customer IT Monkey ✭

We've just installed 7.3 and noticed we lost the ability to Filter the ID column on Views by Contains, Starts With, Ends With, etc.  It looks like the Filter is treating the column as numeric, as we can only Filter by numeric filters.

This has a significant impact on us as we frequently Filter the ID column using Contains or Starts With to return only a single type of work item (for example Filter, Contains, "IR").

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have 7.2 Installed and ID filter does Not have Start with or ends. 
    Define what view your looking at, and what portal you upgraded from. 

My Screenshot is from "My Work"
  • David_DarlingDavid_Darling Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Oh interesting, we're coming from v7.1.
  • Matt_StewartMatt_Stewart Customer IT Monkey ✭
    On 7.3 in our stage environment and I still have those filter options for ID column in promoted views but have lost them for oob grid views like TeamWork and ActiveWork.
  • merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @David_Darling and @Matt_Stewart

Can I ask you two to create a ticket in our Support Portal and provide screen shots and logging info please

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi,

I think this was down to this: https://support.cireson.com/Problem/Edit/PR58249/

It was raised as an issue that the ID column doesn't sort property because it was a string, not a number. Therefore IR7 would come before SR3 because I is alphabetically before S regardless of the fact that 3 is smaller than 7. Even IR 70 would come before IR9 for the same reason.

So, this column was changed to behave like a number so the sort now works as expected. This has had the consequence of not being able to filter with the string filters such as 'contains'.

This change was made in 7.2 so explains why you are both seeing it now.

Geoff
  • Matt_StewartMatt_Stewart Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the explanation Geoff! Any idea if there is an easy way to reverse this on the customer end? We would much prefer to be able to continue filtering it like a string.
  • David_DarlingDavid_Darling Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Agreed, we definitely need the ability to filter by text on this column as well.
  • Wendy_CraigWendy_Craig Customer IT Monkey ✭

Just checking in on whether there's any way for this to be reversed on the customer side, or whether Cireson has any plans to roll back the change. It's preventing us from deploying the current version of the portal to production. For us, being able to filter is more important than being able to sort accurately. We can sort tickets by sorting by Created Date, whether the IDs are numeric or not. But we can't filter for an ID type any other way.

If we need to leave the ID as a number, is there any possibility of being able to filter the icon? That would accomplish the same purpose for us.

• Wendy_CraigWendy_Craig Customer IT Monkey ✭

We just installed the latest minor release to our Dev site and I was excited to see that the ability to filter grids by work item type might return. However, as far as I can tell there's no change after the upgrade. Is this feature gone forever? It looks like the ID column and the NumericId column are tied together (if you select one, it selects both). It was much more useful to have the two columns separated so that you had the option to treat the ID as only a number, but not the requirement.

• PR61631 - Lost the ability to filter grids by work item type