Home General Discussion

Announcment for all users

Veljko_SeroVeljko_Sero Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

I am just wondering what should I do so all my end users can see Announcement in the Cireson Portal.

When I create announcement for access group I have option to choose Domain Users and all support groups.

If I choose any of the support groups Like SCSM-Analysts every member of that group will see the announcement.

However if I chose Domain Users nobody can see anything. I guess it is no surprise since there is no members when I run this script.

SELECT U.UserName FROM CI$User U

INNER JOIN GroupMembership_CI$DomainGroup_CI$User GM ON GM.UserId = U.Id

INNER JOIN CI$DomainGroup DG ON GM.DomainGroupId = DG.Id

WHERE DG.UserName = 'Domain Users'

We have 3 AD connectors. One is connected to OU where all users objects are stored

Second connector   to OU where all SCSM support groups are and       

Third connector is just to select individual object  “Domain Users”.  That was done by our  consulting who was here.  I guess that was requirement for portal.

So how can I target all users?

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is also not surprising that NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users does not work.  However, it would be nice if we had an equivalent of that to use.  Sometimes the target audience really is "everyone who can log into this thing." 
  • Veljko_SeroVeljko_Sero Customer IT Monkey ✭

Cireson, had the article about Authenticated users so I guess that was the reason we have to use domain users. I am just wondering what do so that all users can see  announcements. :(

• Veljko_SeroVeljko_Sero Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks Joe

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your most welcome :)