Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Configuration Item Classes Admin Page

Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Add an admin page that returns all the Configuration Item Classes with checkboxs next to each.
The admin then can uncheck the ones they don't need in to quick search affected items box. (or maybe even a second box for configuration item search combo box)
With having connections to VMM, SCOM, SCCM and other I think I have upwards of 100 Classes most of which are not used. This would allow quicker searching by the analyst community.
29 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    With SCOM being a vehicle for introducing new CIs, a wealth of new classes are continually introduced adding confusion to those not intimately familiar with SCSM/SCOM architecture.

It's one of the biggest complaints I hear from those in the console/portal that there is "too much to choose from" - making this controllable in the portal would be a huge win in the name of simplicity.
  • GordonGordon Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    OMG, this would be a huge boon!
  • ChittalakattuaChittalakattua Member IT Monkey ✭

This change would be a huge win.  In my experience if things are not convenient they tend not to be used properly!!  I see this in our organization as well!  We have several classes utilized in our environment that end user are forced to interact with to properly tag a few CI’s that pertain to them. 

Making this change would make things easier and reduce the probability of error.  The end user experience for service manager has always been a challenge and this would be a huge step to improve that.

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please.  GREAT idea!
  • Robert_Hahn2Robert_Hahn2 Customer IT Monkey ✭

This would be HUGE. I have been with 6 clients and they all LOATHE, having to target classes from a class list they are not familiar with. A New(second) Affected Items Picker to provide the ability to target an multiple admin specified classes by default would also solve this.

• Suleyman_OzdenSuleyman_Ozden Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Great idea, should be a thing that bothers most users.

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Agreed, we have been asked to try and reduce the options available for Change Requests. Instead of removing options a better way to filter them would be perfect!
  • Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

definitely refining the available classes shown is needed...