Home Outlook Console

Outlook 2016 & Windows 10 - v1607

Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Checking in to see if others are experiencing the same issue, before opening a ticket with support.

• We have had no issues deploying the Outlook Add-In to Outlook 2016 & Windows 1511 and lower Windows environments without the Service Manager Console.
  • However since we have deployed a couple devices with Windows 10 v1607 (with Outlook 2016) we have seen the functionality no longer work without the Service Manager Console.
  • The Settings button is not fully displayed and cannot be clicked to open and configure.

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you needed to copy a couple of the SCSM DLL's to computers without the console installed. 

Is your package for 1607 different and/or could there have been something deployed to the 1511 machines earlier that contained those DLL's?  (I can look them up, but not right this moment)
  • Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Great question! The package (using SCCM) has not changed, and I manually attempted the install process, with the DLLs defined in the appropriate KB article above, to no avail.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend to install the 2016 console on the workstation and verify that it works and not just a bigger problem. 
    Then use that for the next step to see if it is just an issue for Outlook without the console installation. 

We have the 2012 console installed as the 'solution' until we can remove the necessity for the console. We have no immediate plans to upgrade/migrate/etc. to SCSM 2016.

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is interesting @Brad_McKenna
    I have it installed in my lab fine on Office 2016 on Win 10 1607
    Have you tried uninstalling it and manually installing the add-in rather than sending it via ConfigMgr?

Try that and see what the results are.
    @Brett_Moffett
    I will get another copy of Win 10 1607 imaged and test again, as we unfortunately encountered on two different pc's. But it is a computer afterall, so maybe the 1st batch of 1607's we put out 
    Marking as answered as I was never able to get back to this, as the 'sudden' need/direction changed course.

I will test in the future to see / vet out something with our process.
    User Profile was ruled out as we had this occur on two different devices and under two different profiles.
    Office 2016 was running a 'Click to Run' install.