Home Service Manager
Options

Problem with Runbook template in Service Request Activity stuck in Pending status

Stuart_EddyStuart_Eddy Customer IT Monkey ✭
Background to the issue in question:

I have a runbook which takes in the SR number of the work item, which is the first entry in the activities for the work item,  this will then create other objects based upon the data in the service request submitted.

I have tested the runbook thru the Orchestrator console,  and the script works fine,  I have checked the usual suspects Making sure the Is Ready For Automation has been ticked and checking the parameter mapping is storing the right number.

However the runbook gets stuck in pending,  and no record of the Orchestrator ever receiving the request can be found,  I am currently checking possible network issue.

What I am really interested is whether there any logs or tricks which could shed some light on what is causing this issue.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Stuart_Eddy
    Sounds like Orchestrator is never receiving the command to run the Runbook.
    Make sure in the SCSM console that the Runbook has a status of Active and it is not Invalid. (https://systemcenternoise.wordpress.com/2016/04/06/runbook-is-in-an-invalid-state/)

It could also be firewall or the connector not running to pull in the up-to-date data.

Outside of that, check the Orchestrator console to see if it is actually receiving the request or if the Runbook is "Checked Out" etc.

Hope this answers your question
  • Options
    Stuart_EddyStuart_Eddy Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thank you for your response.  I have double checked and the following is true:

1.) The Runbook is in an active and valid state
    2.) The Runbook is checked in and I can see no record of the orchestrator ever receiving the message.

3.) With regard to the issue relating to the connector,  I can retrieve new runbooks via the connector.  Are there are logs which could tell me what is happening behind the scenes.

• Options
    Tyson_ArztTyson_Arzt Customer IT Monkey ✭
    @Stuart_Eddy

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? Were are starting to see it happen more and more in our production environment.

The runbook will hang in pending status with no recognition of communication from SCORCH. One thing we have noticed is on the primary management server there will be many cases of 33610 and 33333 warnings in the even log.