Home Service Manager

Export from History log

Veljko_SeroVeljko_Sero Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi, I am not sure if anyone can have any knowledge about  this. I got a request to export history log from one change request. I am not sure how I can do it. I can see I can print it from console. However, when I print New Value is cut and I do not see the option to include the old text. However , I do not see the user comments in the console as I can see  in the Cireson portal. 

Best Answers

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may be some way of doing this I'm not thinking of, but I rather immediately jump towards PowerShell/SMlets and leveraging Get-SCSMObjectHistory to build this.
  • Veljko_SeroVeljko_Sero Customer IT Monkey ✭

I guess I can start playing with that. I though somebody already has a script or something. I am hoping somebody will also answer how to see the logs in blue from my snapshots in the scsm console and is there are way to print it. :(

Thank you Geoff. I tried it but it did not work. I run it from machine where the service manager is installed. If that works for you please let me know. I think $CRclass is wrong? But I use $Class and nothing o show.   As for printing details from SCSM console there is nothing I can change than zoom out and zoom in with the same result , Again if that works for you please let me know. Just see under history log if everything in new value can be printed.  However,  I would like to know if I should be able to see analyst comments entered in Cireson portal in SCSM console or not. The people who use the portal can see it, the users on SCSM console cannot

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Yes, thank Adam. See how you get on with Name instead of Id.
    Also, my post had a '-' missing in in the Get-SCSMClass Cmdlet but you fixed that in yours.
    I'll update my post for anyone else who finds it and add a comment on my report card: 'must type better'.

Perfect , that works.   and the second part of my question. Any idea if users comments from change requests  can be somehow be seen when I open the change request in scsm console.  I can see it for incidents , but not sure id something has to be done for change requests. I think when Cireson consult helped us to implement scsm we only moved  notes to the main page if I can remember it correctly. Not sure if that matters, bit just to mentioned. so if anyone can confirm If should be able to see them please let me know.

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Veljko_Sero The SCSM Change Request Form does not have the Action Log Control on it, so you have to use the Portal if you want to see the comments of a CR.  However you could retrieve comments in other ways:

1) Powershell Script
    2) SQL Script
    3) C# Program