Home General Discussion

Navigation Settings - Making a link visible to selected AD group only

Jarrett_FaulkJarrett_Faulk Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello Everyone,

I was asked by our support tech to add a link to the self service portal that opens a blank new incident request.  So i added the link through the navigation settings menu, set the new link to visible and added the AD group that the tech accounts are in.  I just launched the self service portal as an end user and discovered that the new incident link was visible.  It doesn't do anything when you click on it but I know if i leave it as is i'll be inundated with calls about why this link does work.  I hopped on the global support page and looked over the document and as far as i can tell this shouldn't be visible to the end user account.  

If anyone has any hints, tips, tricks, hey do this instead options i'd greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jarrett_FaulkJarrett_Faulk Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Well I let the portal sit over night and this morning, as expected, the link was still there. I looked over my notes and discovered at one point I had set this link to pubic. I removed the link, added it back with just the AD groups that were needed and as far as I can tell the link will no longer be visible to the end users. @Leigh_Kilday
    was onto something with the caching.  

Thanks Leigh.
  • Ryan_MurphyRyan_Murphy Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    One of my co-workers built a workflow around a service request that actually clears the cache of the portal. So whenever we want to clear the cache we just open that service request.