Home Analyst Portal

Increase Maximum Attachments above 10

Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Good afternoon IT Monkeys,

I am trying to find a way to increase the maximum file attachments from 10, it appears to be greyed out in incident settings. I also attempted to powershell adjust it without much luck (even tho powershell says it has changed)
I thought it might just be a cached copy so I did the usual restart cache builder, recycle app pools etc etc. Still seems to be unchanged. Is there no way to change this? Legally (Haven't explored IDA Pro/Ollydbg yet)

Best Answer

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you setting these incident attachment settings in the SCSM Console?
  • Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Yeah I tried in SCSM Console but under incident settings the max there is 10, im guessing the powershell I also tried doesn't work due to it being more of a SCSM only fix for the attachment issue that I found on technet.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    In our environment we still need the attachments when the work item goes to the data warehouse. So what we setup is a runbook that pulls the attachments out of the work item and places them in a SharePoint Document library with a file path of the work item ID. Then the workflow adds the storage path into the work item resolution details as we only target Resolved items before they move to the warehouse. You could do something similar on live requests if that is a hard requirement to have a high number of attachments. 
    We the support team here run into the issue they just manually pull the needed attachments and ZIP time on current work items. Most of the time they just delete duplicate images or older email chains. 
  • Sharon_SpearsSharon_Spears Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Has there been any change to this? Is it hard coded in Cireson portal? Hard coded seems like a bad idea since there is code out there to alter the amount in the SCSM database. Shouldn't it be looking to that for it settings?