Home Analyst Portal

Is it possible to have the title displayed at the top of a ticket at all times?

Tim_VottaTim_Votta Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Is there any way that I can add the title of a WorkItem to be displayed on the ticket at all times regardless of what tab a user is viewing?  

I mostly hear complaints about it from approvers.  They click on the URL in their notification and are brought directly to the RA to approve.  Then to see what the subject/title of the ticket is, they have to click to the general tab to see that data.  It is included in the e-mail they get the URL from, but they want to see it on the portal as well.

Ideally, I would like to add it at the very top of the ticket, just above the different tabs.  Basically it would like the below image, but after the ID number it would include the text of the title.

Is it possible to do this?  If so, would I be able to do it with some custom JS and have it apply to all work item types or would they all require different scripts?

Best Answer

• Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited February 2017 Answer ✓
    We can do this if you have a ServiceRequest.js in your custom space. You can just add
    pageForm.view.title = pageForm.view.title + " - " + pageForm.viewModel.Title

Altho I don't know how supported this method is. Good luck fellas! Looks something like this when done:

Answers

• Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    You can move the activities for end users under the General Tab as a work around. 
  • Tim_VottaTim_Votta Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    You can move the activities for end users under the General Tab as a work around. 
    I did something similar.  I put the Title on the Activites screen for right now but I'm not super happy with how it looks, but it will be functional enough if tha tis the best that I can get it..
    I agree that title should be visible all the time  regretless of the tab you are in.
    edited February 2017 Answer ✓
    We can do this if you have a ServiceRequest.js in your custom space. You can just add

Altho I don't know how supported this method is. Good luck fellas! Looks something like this when done:

• Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Tim_Votta, we've adjusted the form just to show the Affected User, Title and the Created By User across all tabs to make it easier for analysts as they are working through a request. We implemented the same changes to the Incident form as well.

Here's a sample screenshot:

• Tim_VottaTim_Votta Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

This worked like a charm for me.  Any particular reason you think that it might not be supported, or is that just a precautionary kind of thing?

It looks pretty benign to me, but I have never touched JS before working on this project.  So my knowledge is very minimal at this point.
    No real reason there might just be a better way too approach it was mostly what I meant, glad it worked for you Tim!
    @Davin_Clouthier - Taking your idea a step further. How we can remove the wording "Service Request" and have only ticket# and title in this form: SR123456: This is the title of the request 
    Can this code be applied to IRs as well?
    edited February 2017
    pageForm.view.title = pageForm.viewModel.Title
    and yeah it can be applied to the incident.js as well this will change the title to Ticket Title - SR#. To swap the SR# to the other side is a bit more tedious.