Home Analyst Portal

Integrate the Time Tracker application into the portal

Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
We've had some feedback from clients that it's a bit clunky to enter time in the portal. The Cireson Time Tracker app adds a timer to both the base SCSM console & the Outlook console, which makes it much easier to keep an accurate record of how much time you've spent on a ticket. Has there been any discussion around bringing that feature into the portal too, to get it closer to feature parity with the others?

Best Answer

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, @joivan_hedrick that's wicked.  Thinking of moving this to a question with a link back from the Feature Request so we still have this noted as a product enhancement, but this looks like it will do the trick in the meantime.  Are you ok with that @Michael_Baldry

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't I like, +12, or whatever to @joivan_hedrick 's post?!
    Why can't I like, +12, or whatever to @joivan_hedrick 's post?!

I'll give him a hug when I see him in a few weeks, that's just like a +12
  • Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is awesome. Thank you very much @joivan_hedrick

@chris_ross - sounds good to me.
    Done and done!  

• Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Where do you add that code?
  • joivan_hedrickjoivan_hedrick Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Where do you add that code?

This block of code can be placed in the custom.js file, located in \inetpub\CiresonPortal\CustomSpace\ . After you paste the code in this file, save the file and hard refresh any incident page as an analyst. After a minute or so, time will automatically start adding for you on the Resolution tab.
  • Katie_DyerKatie_Dyer Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    That's awesome! @joivan_hedrick Thanks for sharing. 

For anyone interested in manually tracking time via the portal forms, here is a video for how to enable this in the Cireson Portal:  

Way less exciting when you can automate, I know. :) 
    edited October 2016
    An updated copy that works with the Portal v6 (as well as v5 and v4) is attached. Enjoy!
  • AUG__PRIEN_BauunternAUG__PRIEN_Bauuntern Customer IT Monkey ✭
    An updated copy that works with the Portal v6 (as well as v5 and v4) is attached. Enjoy!

Can you update the script for the Portal v7? :)
    It doesn´t work and i can´t find the problem.

Certainly. The attached works with works with Portal v4-v7, both 2012v7 and 2016v7. Enjoy!  
    Can you please update the script for Portal 7.4.2012.11 an 7.4.2016.11?
    @AUG__PRIEN_Bauuntern I'm testing in Portal 7.4.2016.11 and it seems to be working as expected for me. What are you seeing in your environment? Assuming it's not adding analyst time, do you see any errors in the Chrome developer console? 
    Now is seems to work. Thanks for the feedback. :)
  • Erik_DixonErik_Dixon Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Is there a way to set a minimum value for time? i.e. All tickets should have a minimum of 15 minutes time worked. I have implemented the above and it is working great but would like to have it set the time to 15 minutes if Time Worked is less than that at resolution.
  • James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I had to get rid of the if block that checks for the old portal version, prior to 6 I think, in order to get this to run on version 8.9.4.  Lines 24-27. 
  • Nico_RedepenningNico_Redepenning Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I had to get rid of the if block that checks for the old portal version, prior to 6 I think, in order to get this to run on version 8.9.4.  Lines 24-27. 
    Can you send me the new code? The code no longer works for me.
  • James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Can you send me the new code? The code no longer works for me.
    Do you still need that code? Just saw the message now. 
  • Matt_OvertonMatt_Overton Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Just come across this and it's exactly what I've been looking for; thank you so much!

I managed to get this to work with Service Requests too, just by copying the code block and changing the first line to app.custom.formTasks.add('ServiceRequest', null, function (formObj, viewModel).

I don't fully understand the code as my Javascript knowledge is pretty much none. What I've done seems to work for Service Requests but ONLY if you don't go to the Results tab before it's counted its first minute (after is fine). I have no idea why. 

Does anyone have any ideas?