Home Analyst Portal

Custom Work Item Classes

Tim_ShackletonTim_Shackleton Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi,

I have a custom Work Item class that I have created a View for in the SCSM console, and promoted the view to the portal.  I can see the view in the portal, and I can see my Work Items listed for my custom Work Item class.

My question is... Is there a way I can create a custom form that opens when I click on any of my custom Work items?

Thanks,

Tim

Best Answer

Answers

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi,

I have a custom Work Item class that I have created a View for in the SCSM console, and promoted the view to the portal.  I can see the view in the portal, and I can see my Work Items listed for my custom Work Item class.

My question is... Is there a way I can create a custom form that opens when I click on any of my custom Work items?

Thanks,

Tim
    Hello Tim,

We have a KB for making custom forms for the Portal - https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/51.
    This should get you started in the right direction. 

Let me know if you have further questions,

Merle
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hi @Tim_Shackleton, The KB article that @merlenette_jones mentioned is your first port of call to understand how custom forms work.
    Second place to go would be this video

It is hosted by @seth_coussens in which he talks about showing a customer form based on the template ID of the Work Item, but this could use anything on the WI to target it to a specific form.

Hope this helps

• Tim_ShackletonTim_Shackleton Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the suggestions.  The video was really useful.  But I have created a new Work Item class rather than extended or inherited an existing CR, IR, Pr, RR, or SR Work Item.  I can see my class records displayed in my promoted view in the portal.  I was hoping there is a way of creating a form and functions for my new class so the records can be viewed and edited via the portal?