Home Asset Barcode

Barcode WebAPI with Remote Database

Philipp_SchäferPhilipp_Schäfer Member IT Monkey ✭
As mentioned in the Installation Guide i have to install an MSSQL Server Compact. I think this is for the data used by the app but i have a sql server which should host my databases. How can i let the cache builder connect to the remote database?
I think this is the error because i got the following error:
UsersAndGroups Execute Build failed with error
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=XXX' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=XXX'
   at Cireson.CacheBuilder.Service.Util.SqlUtil.CreateDataBase(String databaseName)
   at Cireson.CacheBuilder.Service.Commands.UserAndGroupsCommand.ExecuteBuild(String languageCode) in c:\WebApp\Cireson.CacheBuilder.Service\Cireson.CacheBuilder.Service\Commands\UserAndGroupsCommand.cs:line 48

My Website is located at C:\inetpub\CiresonWebAPI as mentioned in the guide, so why is the script looking at c:\WebApp? This folder does not exist. 

Answers

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    First off, do you have the old licenses entered through an old portal version (Cireson BarCode WebAPI - Only Uses Old License)

Personally, I have the BarCode App installed on a SCSM Management Server.

Note: Due to a name conflict, it cannot be installed on a Portal Server that has installed the Cireson Cache Builder service.  Cireson could've allowed it by naming the service Cireson BarCode Cache Builder but whatever......

Next, in the "C:\inetpub\CiresonWebAPI\Web.config" file I have the following configured:
        <add name="ManagementServer" connectionString="YOUR_SCSM_SERVER" />
        <add key="CacheFilesPath" value="C:\inetpub\CiresonBarCodeCache" />

Next, in the "C:\inetpub\CiresonWebAPI\CacheBuilder\WindowsService.config" I have configured:
        <add name="ServiceManagerDatabase" connectionString="Server=YOUR_SCSM_SQL_SERVER;Database=ServiceManager;Trusted_Connection=True;" />
        <add name="ManagementServer" connectionString="<span>YOUR_SCSM_SERVER</span>" /><br><add key="CacheFilesPath" value="C:\inetpub\CiresonBarCodeCache" />
    <add key="AnalystsADGroup" value="SCSM Analysts" />
    <add key="KnowledgeManagerADGroup" value="SCSM Knowledge Managers" />

The BarCode Installation Instructions point out if you are trying to install this on a remote web server to copy over the SCSM Binaries.

Please confirm you have done the following and have the application pool identity has full control on the folder permissions (or local admin on the server).

• Philipp_SchäferPhilipp_Schäfer Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited February 2017
    Thank you for you great support. I have done it as you and the installation told me but it is still not creating the cache and had the same error message. 
    The only thing i have not done is to install the MS 64-bit SQL CE 4.0 SP1 because my SQL server exist on another server.

My BarCode App is installed on a management server also and there is no Analyst Portal installed (it is on another management server)
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    You should install the 64-bit SQL CE 4.0 SP1 or equivalent as it's a Prerequisite.
  • Philipp_SchäferPhilipp_Schäfer Member IT Monkey ✭
    But this is a complete SQL Server. It will be better to avoid this installation. Is it possible do copy some DLLs or other files for the SQL connection?
This discussion has been closed.