Home Analyst Portal

Custom.js scripts dont run on "Closed" Work Items

Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that Custom.js script do not run on "Closed" Work Items.

Has anyone else come across this before? Is there a fix for this?

Should I log an Incident for this one?

Regards,
Adrian

Answers

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I've only just discovered this.
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thanks for confirming. I will wait 24 hours, allowing others / Cireson support staff to comment before logging an incident.

Cheers,

Adrian

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this has been a source of frustration for my users for about a year.  Fortunately, it is possible to circumvent, until/unless the feature I proposed eons ago gets voted up.

Feature Request with workaround: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/803/keep-tasks-pane-available-for-closed-work-items#latest 

Updated version of the same workaround: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/5924/#Comment_5924

My examples are focused on getting the task pane to show up.  Fortunately for me, I primarily need custom tasks (like copying the ticket or showing other time zones).  In the thread I was responding to with my update, the OP needed the Cireson tasks to show up, which is out of my scope, so I do not have an answer for that.

This approach can be used to run other code that you normally place in boundReady(), but be aware that adjustments may be necessary, as not all events fire as they do for open forms.  Some of the kendo binds seem to be occurring on a completely different timeline than the form load, as well.

Thanks Tom!

Much appreciated.

I am going to log this as an incident, as personally I don't see how Cireson can justify this as a feature request. To me it seems like a bug, unless they can provide appropriate justification otherwise.

Cheers,

Adrian

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not disagree, except for how intentional the decision seems to be when looking at the dev console.  Good luck with the ticket--it would be terrific to see this solved.  I will happily roll back my code if either the feature is implemented or the bug is squashed!
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, 
    I'm not sure why it was decided to turn off JS for closed work items. It doesn't make sense from a visual/functional point of view. (For example, I may create a custom task to reopen closed requests, I would want that task to show, but since it's closed, it will not show).
    I'll find out if there was a reason for this
    Regards, Tony

Thanks Tony.

I have logged: IR62377

Regards,

Adrian

• Ryan_Kennedy1Ryan_Kennedy1 Customer IT Monkey ✭

Does anyone know the outcome of this Incident .. ? I don't have permission to view it. 3 years on and it seems to be an issue still though ... On 9.3.4 of the portal anyway ..

Hi Ryan,

After looking into the ticket, it was determined that this was intentional and a feature request was raised, and a custom workaround was also used.

Both of these are found above in the workaround comment here: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/6602/#Comment_6602

Regards, Tony

• Ryan_Kennedy1Ryan_Kennedy1 Customer IT Monkey ✭

Was there any reasoning for why this was intentional?

Unfortunately its been so long that I don't have those details any more.