Home General Discussion
Options

License Management

Vignesh_SridharVignesh_Sridhar Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello,

We are looking for a functionality where people/groups are updated before software assets/license expire.

Does Cireson have anything to offer with respect to License notifications ?

Regards,
Vignesh

Answers

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Vignesh_Sridhar,
    Yes, the Cireson Asset Management solution has Notice Events that an administrator can configure to notify the relevant people before the license or contract expires as well as if there are more installations of the software asset than you are licensed for.

if you would like a demonstration of how this is achieved, please let me know via a direct message and we can organise a time.

I hope this answers your question.
  • Options
    Hi Brett,

I did create a Notice Event as per the instructions you have in this link (https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1599/notice-events-how-to-use) and i gave the Due date as 3/1/2017. 
    Also i created a new template "Hardware Assets" and put the Target class as "Hardware Assets". I have put myself as the owner of the asset. Also checked the option of send mail to Owner.

When would i receive an email? or is there any additional steps i need to perform?

Regards,
    Vignesh
  • Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Vignesh_Sridhar,
    Have you setup a functioning Notifications Channel within SCSM?
    If it is not setup or working then there is no way for the e-mail to get out of SCSM.
  • Options
    Hi @Brett_Moffett Yes we have a Email notification channel setup.
  • Options
    damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Vignesh_Sridhar
    What situations exactly are you trying to send notifications for? If it is for expiring licenses, then an email template and subscription for the license class can be created based on the license status going into expiring status.