Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

Is it possible to access a Standalone Request Offering (Published status) from the Cireson Portal?

Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
Is it possible to access a Standalone Request Offering (Published status) from the Cireson Portal? In this case it's a published RO that has not been linked to an SO. My goal would be to have an ARO that would provide a link to this (potentially one of many) standalone published RO after the user goes through a few preliminary questions to determine which RO is appropriate for the user.

Best Answer

• Options
    Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017 Answer ✓
    @Jonathan_Boles, actually it's possible as long as the RO is published and you use a published SO guid which the user has access to in the url. However there are som pre-reqs that needs to be fulfilled:

- The SO need to be published
    - The RO need to be published
    - The RO need to be added to the published SO and then synced to the Cireson ServiceManagement DB via Cache Builder. Once this is done you can remove the RO from the SO and sync again.

All above should be done with RO and SO the user can access/is scoped to!

Url syntax:
    http(s)://portal/SC/ServiceCatalog/RequestOffering/<ro-guid>,<any published so-guid the user has access to>

Answers

• Options
    james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    All ROs must be associated to a SOs for security reasons. So this is not possible.
  • Options
    edited March 2017 Answer ✓
    @Jonathan_Boles, actually it's possible as long as the RO is published and you use a published SO guid which the user has access to in the url. However there are som pre-reqs that needs to be fulfilled:

- The SO need to be published
    - The RO need to be published
    - The RO need to be added to the published SO and then synced to the Cireson ServiceManagement DB via Cache Builder. Once this is done you can remove the RO from the SO and sync again.

All above should be done with RO and SO the user can access/is scoped to!

Url syntax:
    http(s)://portal/SC/ServiceCatalog/RequestOffering/<ro-guid>,<any published so-guid the user has access to>
  • Options
    Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Martin_Blomgren, this is excellent! You sir are a never ending source of knowledge and awesomeness!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Beware that we are not using this in production, it's just something I noticed while testing other stuff. It still works after truncating LastModified but I cannot say what happens for example after an upgrade.

Should also say that I haven't tested to actually submit the form but I should be possible..

If you do decide to use this workaround in production I'm eager to hear your results!
  • Options
    Quick update:
    I got curious and had to test with the result that it's no problem as an end user to submit (save) the RO enabled with the above workaround!