Home Configuration Manager

SCCM Upgrade

Glenn_CraineGlenn_Craine Customer IT Monkey ✭
I upgrading my SCCM environment from 2012 R2 SP1 to 1511.  How do prevent users from logging into the SCCM console during the upgrade.

Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I upgrading my SCCM environment from 2012 R2 SP1 to 1511.  How do prevent users from logging into the SCCM console during the upgrade.
    Hi Glenn
    Apart from telling users not to access you could look at blocking the port on the server itself during the upgrade to prevent console connections coming in, as a fail safe still set it to allow access from specific IP addresses.
  • HarjitHarjit Member IT Monkey ✭
    You could also remove their access within ConfigMgr > Administration > Security > Administrative Users and > Security Roles. Then add them back after the 1511 upgrade.
  • wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    As the others have stated, there is no real good way of preventing that. The ideas above would work. You could also try removing them from the SMS Admins local group on the site server. That will automatically happen if you do remove their account as Harjit mentioned. If you do consider the SMS Admins route, be aware that they would come back within an hour, as the site server runs a lot of checks hourly, and this is one that does get run. But that might get you enough time to get your site upgraded. Just another option. it is a common request of customers however, some method to lock people out of the console during an upgrade process.