Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Category & Service Offering - link to specific category group.

Sharon_SpearsSharon_Spears Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hello Cireson Community

Would appreciate any help or advice.

Our portal is used by a broader group of services teams within our business, not just ICT Services.  Our portal with ½ dozen categories (broken down to the service teams) each with 2-3 service offering groups under each with their team individual request offerings.

We have an internal requirement to be able to link to a specific category, which lists all of its service offerings.

The standard home page list ‘all requests’ by category. 

The alternative home page has links (right menu) but they are just to the specific service offering groups (under a category).

But I need to be able to link to just a specific category.

Thanks in Advance

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It's not possible to generate a link to only the Service Offering in Home (Alternate), it will display all options and all categories. 
    You can click on SOs in the original Home navigation setting to expand them out, however it still doesn't provide you with a URL to go there by default. 

The new Home (from v5) does allow you to share links to the Service Offering, however it also contains KB articles. You may be able to utilise this option
    The URL will look like this: http://CiresonPortal/ServiceCatalog/Listing#/Service/<SOGUID&gt; (Where <SOGUID> is the GUID for the Service Offering)
  • Sharon_SpearsSharon_Spears Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Our portal is up to date, so we must have the V5 home.  I know you can link to the service offerings level (example phones below) , but I would like to be able link to the a specific category level (example eLearning) and  list all the service offering under it.  Weird you can't do that.

ICT Services (Category)

• Phones (Service Offering)
    • Staff accounts (Service Offering)

eLearning (Category)

• Moodle (Service Offering)
    • Resource Development  (Service Offering)
    Is there a way to jump to a certain section (category), when using the link to the home page?

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh right, in terms of category, no I don't believe that's possible to do. The original Home allows you to expand out categories, that's probably the closest you can get at this stage.