Home Advanced Request Offering

Satus of Parallel/Manual Activities

I have built an Advanced Request Offering to cover the activities used when adding a new starter to the organisation. 

It comprises a single "Line Manager Review" Activity, followed by several "Parralel Activity" Groups, containing 1 or more "Manual Activities".

I was hoping that once the "Line Manager Review" Activity had been completed, the first "Manual Activity" in each of the  "Parallel Activity" Groups would be set to a status of "In Progress".

Only the first "Manual Activity", within the first "Parallel Activity" group has been set to "In Progress", the rest remain as "Pending".

Have I configured something incorrectly when building my template or do I need some workflow/orchestrator to do this?

See screenshot below for more information.

Best Answer

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want all the Parallel activity to kick off, placed them in a Parallel activity.
    How Parallel's are used is all the activities In the parallel activity run at the same time, not by what it looks like your trying to do by having the parallels run at the same time. 
    So if the Parallels you have setup is just to hold one or two manual activities that can run at the same time only you need is one Parallel container for them.
    HTH
  • Ralph_PalmerRalph_Palmer Customer IT Monkey ✭

Brian,

Thank you for the prompt reply. 

What I was trying to achieve was several parallel containers being in progress at any one time, by different support groups, with the activities contained within each parallel container being carried out sequentially.  i.e. we can't deliver a laptop until such time as we have purchased it.

Ralph

• Ralph_PalmerRalph_Palmer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted.