Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Have offerings assign template dynamicly based on answers

Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Is there a way to have offerings IR or SR assign based on answers?

Let' say you present end user with a Multi answer Question first:

Do you need -  help with  something that worked but it doesn't work anymore?   = this will create a IR
                      -  something new? -this will have multi SR templates based on answers further down.

Based on what they answer you point the next page to the right  right offering.

Sometimes users don't know when to submit a SR and they use IR.  I hope this make sense.

21 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea, but an advanced request offering/SCSM request offering uses a template that defines the type projection which defines the Type Projection seed which is the base class to make a ticket of (Incident/Service Request).
    • Request Offering references TargetTemplateId
    • Templates are stored in the database table == [ServiceManager].[dbo].[ObjectTemplate]
    • Template [ObjectTemplateTypeId] is foreign key and links back to [TypeProjectionId] on [ServiceManager].[dbo].[TypeProjection]
    • Type Projection [TypeProjectionSeed] is the base object class GUID.  (Ex.  "Incident (advanced)" uses the Incident Class as the base object class)
    • It appears the Type Projection stores the list of relationships in xml format in the [ComponentXML] column which surprised me as I expected some sort of Type Projection Relationship Table.
    In conclusion, Cireson would have to make a new type of class with a whole layer of logic above it to determine the template plus assigning properties could get very messy such as Service Request Area vs Incident Classification.
  • Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Perhaps this can be avoided with a page/questioner builder app with a pointer to the desired offering?
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this is something that would be extremely beneficial. Within our environment we will be over 20k users in the near future and many times (especially if it's a new hire or a new acquisition) they aren't familiar with our service catalog and it can be daunting at first even with the search capabilities.

I feel like something like this, even expanded would be nice if there was a way to use either a new RO or even another dialog that would drive them to the exact RO (or even a refined list of ROs) that fit the answers to the prompts. I know this is likely a tall order but I certainly see lots of value in it.
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Jonathan_Boles for having a dialogue redirect the user to another request as well as carrying over relevant information to the other request to save the user from feeling they've just wasted their effort and time.

Ex.  User has a problem with something, they think incident, turns out they need something new thanks to the question logic flow enforced by Cireson Advanced Request Offerings.

Possible (not necessary feasible) Solution:
    Based on the users answers, a pre-defined "CarryOver" link appears saying "Please O' Great One, click me to go to the correct request where your valid info from here is carried over!" or perhaps some other configurable message.  The user clicks the link and thanks to the predefined logic of the CarryOver WizardStep that the Cireson Devs flawlessly implemented into the ARO editor it'd do it.  

How: Much like ARO MPB from v6 of the Portal which has a Direct Link WizardStep, on the ARO editor there'd be a CarryOver WizardStep.  There would be a list containing CarryOvers objects where on each one they could choose which request offering to go to and which prompts from this request offering are mapped over to the destination request offering.  If a prompt wasn't filled out then it wouldn't fill it out on the destination..... These carry overs would be able to be added to the layout which could be shown based on criteria with the whole show when true thing.

Now looking at this in a different way, Technology is an enabler, with this it would be possible to abuse the CarryOver to troll end-users in an infinite loop of AROs, so not sure if Cireson could scan all Advanced Request Offerings and add a warning stating an ARO cannot be completed&submitted by a user and therefore cannot be used in a CarryOver.  Or it could be just an educational "Don't do that", because after complaints/yelling from users, it'd be put into draft status pretty quick to be revised... during the downtime you could be sure there'd be even more yelling to follow!  Think about all that Yelling and Yelling ...... #YellersGonnaYell
  • Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Can we move this to Portal Feature Requests so we can vote ?
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adrian_Mataisz have moved and enabled as a idea thread for voting :)
  • Raffael_JenzerRaffael_Jenzer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Does anyone have already created a solution for this? We would need that for our Service Desk. When they get a call from a customer, they don't know if they have to create an IR or an SR...

My idea is to create a "normal" webpage with 3 fields...
    1) title
    2) description
    3) dropdown -> IR or SR

At the end of the phone call, the Service Desk Analyst would be able to decide wether he wants to create an IR or SR.
    Based on the dropdown selection, i would pass all the entered values to the portal (via API) and create an IR or SR...
  • Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

YES. Please. We have custom solution to this where powershell / orchestrator generates activities based on the inputs of tickets, which we store as .csv's so they are kind of easily editable.....Buuuuut this would be a very way cooler and neater solution to this , having the OOB ability to have multiple templates assigned to 1 RO and changing them based on inputs. Yes. Please.

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Adam_Dzyacky Please notice this one 😉