Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Daisy Chain Request Offerings

Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Please add the ability to "Daisy Chain" request offerings. For example, when a new employee is hired the supervisor currently has to submit separate requests for "Create Network Account", "Order Computer", "Order Software", "Grant Access to AD Groups", etc. We'd like one request to lead to the next and auto-fill fields completed in previous requests in the chain.

In this example, each of the requests for ask for the affected user to be identified. In a Daisy Chain that would be entered once then auto-filled in the rest of the requests. This would also allow complex request processes to be broken into smaller module sized requests.
18 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me way to implement this would be that the ARO can target multi mapping to more then one template. 
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your clarifying comment sold me on this.  This can be done with Activities, but being able to call other existing SR templates that I already have is an intriguing idea.  It sounds tricky to accomplish in this system, but that's why you're asking the experts to develop it, right? :)
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks: Exactly right. A couple of other feature requests I've seen could possibly be combined to get close to this:

1. Request Offering Summary Page https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1736/request-offering-summary-page
    2.  Call a request offering from a link or script that prepopulates some fields. https://community.cireson.com/discussion/226/call-a-request-offering-from-a-link-or-script-that-prepopulates-some-fields#latest

If the summary page were also a confirmation page you could include a link to the next offering and embed the needed info in the link. Then have the subsequent offering auto-fill from there. 
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nick_Flint yea that would be another way to get the "feature" that when finished one ARO it directs you into the second.
  • Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    This is a much better idea than monster ROs. More up-votes please!
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This is a much better idea than monster ROs. More up-votes please!
    Exactly. We're looking at creating a set of ROs, then recreating them as part of a monster RO. Ugh, I already feel the migraine coming on . . .
  • Jeremy_CastleberryJeremy_Castleberry Customer IT Monkey ✭

The "competitors" product has the option described as:

Chained Service Requests

Chained Service Requests can be used in an activity workflow to provide additional information to a Service Request. The next request in the chain would be completed by a designated person or group after the initial request is created.