Home General Discussion
Options

modifying the layouts of Advanced Request Offerings

Jarrett_FaulkJarrett_Faulk Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
hello,

I have what I believe is a simple task of indenting nested check boxes in a published form.  I've attempted to insert html code directly into the form through the console but only the text related to the specific item moved when I checked request in the portal.  The second attempt was with some custom CSS code but again I am only able to target the text and not the full element that contains both the check box and related text.  As the image shows i have a user selecting computer equipment and what i would like to do it indent the 3 check boxes under this option.  Any assistance with this task would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Options
    edited March 2017 Answer ✓
    i've been working two specific css selectors.  the first is the .checkbox and the other is the .label-middle-align.checkbox-inline.checkbox-label

by using the .checkbox only selection i was able to add a left margin to all check boxes.   using the other i was able to add a margin to the label.  

I know this is as simple as targeting the correct item in the DOM which i typically don't have an issue with but for whatever reason this object is evading me.

Answers

• Options
    Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I would love to hear a response from Cireson or the community on this one as I have the same request.
  • Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    hello,

I have what I believe is a simple task of indenting nested check boxes in a published form.  I've attempted to insert html code directly into the form through the console but only the text related to the specific item moved when I checked request in the portal.  The second attempt was with some custom CSS code but again I am only able to target the text and not the full element that contains both the check box and related text.  As the image shows i have a user selecting computer equipment and what i would like to do it indent the 3 check boxes under this option.  Any assistance with this task would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Jarrett,

Would you mind sharing the code that you are using.
  • Options
    edited March 2017 Answer ✓
    i've been working two specific css selectors.  the first is the .checkbox and the other is the .label-middle-align.checkbox-inline.checkbox-label

by using the .checkbox only selection i was able to add a left margin to all check boxes.   using the other i was able to add a margin to the label.  

I know this is as simple as targeting the correct item in the DOM which i typically don't have an issue with but for whatever reason this object is evading me.