Home Advanced Request Offering

Advanced Request Offering Control Question Mapping

Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
The advanced request offering is great and has certainly made things easier with regards to creating dynamic requests, however one major gripe (which is a RO limitation from my understanding) is that the questions that are used to trigger the display of further prompts have to be mapped to a field, either via the standard map prompt or multiple mappings function. As a further addition to this, questions which only appear as a result of a previous question which need to be mapped into the description for clarity with some additional text prompts should only appear if the question on the same line is present. I'll demonstrate what I mean below.

Now the image above shows an example of a question whereby a we only want the highlighted question to trigger the display of a further question. We do not care about the answer of this question in the context of the request but are forced to map it in a visible display area on the request form due to the limited options available in the multiple mappings.
From a bit of testing I've found that mapping these unwanted fields to the user input box doesn't (visibly) cause any issues and more importantly doesn't affect the user input area on either the portal or console views. If this is a supported location for mapping these questions then it solves the niggle I have described above, if it isn't supported then another option is needed.

Now onto my next point. We provide some additional text within the description field where we are storing the collected information to make it more user friendly.

From what you can see above, I've provided some descriptive text to display what the question was in front of the mapped prompt. Ideally that descriptive text (for example the internal message or expiry date) should only be displayed if the prompts are not empty (they only appear if prompted to) to keep the description clean and relevant for the options the user has selected. Something like this would ensure that the returned descriptions are clean and user friendly.

Whilst there are ways around the above by using Orchestrator/SMA/Powershell to just update the description with the values which are present, it would be good to use/extend the ARO functionality to do this. Happy for any input or suggestions on the above.

Comments

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    We are making do with labels with no values. On at least one of the complicated SRs I've configured I have headings for 'Optional Inputs' and 'Conditional Inputs' because the support team was confused by the results.
  • Jacob_LantzJacob_Lantz Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I've been working with presenting a new incident request form for our customers and googled the following search term "advanced request offering hide multiple mapping prompts" and ended up here, perfect! Alex describes exactly what I'm looking for:
     Alex_Marsh said:
    Now onto my next point. We provide some additional text within the description field where we are storing the collected information to make it more user friendly.

From what you can see above, I've provided some descriptive text to display what the question was in front of the mapped prompt. Ideally that descriptive text (for example the internal message or expiry date) should only be displayed if the prompts are not empty (they only appear if prompted to) to keep the description clean and relevant for the options the user has selected. Something like this would ensure that the returned descriptions are clean and user friendly.

Whilst there are ways around the above by using Orchestrator/SMA/Powershell to just update the description with the values which are present, it would be good to use/extend the ARO functionality to do this. Happy for any input or suggestions on the above.
    What can we do about this? I haven't installed the two most recent updates to ARO since it always changes "last modified" which is annoying and therefore stops me from installing every update to that management pack, but if this has been resolved then I'll definitely accept losing the ability to sort cases by "last modified" and expect the most recently modified cases end up at the top...if this has not been resolved, can we vote on this becoming a feature request?
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't installed the two most recent updates to ARO since it always changes "last modified" which is annoying and therefore stops me from installing every update to that management pack, but if this has been resolved then I'll definitely accept losing the ability to sort cases by "last modified" and expect the most recently modified cases end up at the top...if this has not been resolved, can we vote on this becoming a feature request?

@Jacob_Lantz

Following this post https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1700/scsm-last-modified-date-manager-for-ir-and-sr 
    We update the ARO every time it is released. It just important to follow the process directly and not have others working on work items while you perform the upgrade. 
  • Jacob_LantzJacob_Lantz Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you @Brian_Wiest, excellent! Now we just need to get the ARO working like @Alex_Marsh and I mentioned in this post =)
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I get around some of theses issues is to change the request type from three choices to a simple list containing three choices then in the mapping it would just display the value choice and then the details below.

My two sec build of how I would attempt to meet the need without extra working in the submitted request

Simple list values

My layout page with show when true statements

Then the mulit mapping into the description

HTH