Home General Discussion
Options

Options to hide "Active Work" items based on group

Ken_CurtisKen_Curtis Customer IT Monkey ✭
By default, every user can see every work item in the Active Work list. They cannot modify tickets when they don't have access to them via SCSM Queue/Security Group, but they can see them.

It appears that "TeamGroupFilter" will filter the list, but it is global, and would mean that "Active Work" would be the same as "Team Work", which is a pain because (for example) everyone in the Applications team has access to every applications queue (i.e. Apps - DBA, Apps - Dev, Apps - Field) via SCSM security by being in "Applications", but that group is not mapped. Their sub-group is mapped. In this way they can access and edit any Applications ticket via Active Work, but Team View is only for tickets in their queue. (I hope this makes sense)

But this means that the Applications Team can see the Network Team tickets, even if they cannot change them. Is TeamGroupFilter my only option?

Answers

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Ken

Active work should only be visible to analysts (unless made public), and should show a scoped grid to match the queue scope the analysts can see.

TeamGroupFilter is for endusers. And so end users can open other workitems in their team requests (assuming they are unscoped, then TeamGroupFilter is used to make sure endusers can only access at the portal level workitems within their team group).

However the results you describe contradict this, is it possible you have analyst members being treated as endusers (ie not a member of your ADanalyst group) ?

Regards
    Joe
  • Options
    Ken_CurtisKen_Curtis Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Analysts are in my analysts group (CAnalysts). I have a test user that is only in 1 analyst group, but can see all tickets. I guess I'll have to check all of my scopes to see if I have a mistake in there.