Home Analyst Portal
Options

Error when installing load balanced portal

Jerrett_FergusonJerrett_Ferguson Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited March 2017 in Analyst Portal
Hi,

I've got 3 management servers and I am attempting to put the portal on all three:

Primary Management Server - Portal, cache builder service and analytics
Secondary Mgmt Server - Portal
Secondary Mgmt Server - Portal

I plan on load balancing the two secondary management servers at a later date but right now when I install the portal on the two secondary mgmt servers, I get an error:

3/10/2017 8:28:54 AM Failed to Deploy DacPac via DacServices API: server=<sql>;Trusted_Connection=True; Could not deploy package.
3/10/2017 8:28:57 AM Failed to Populating Default Datasource Configuration items SM16SST_Prod on <sql> : Invalid object name 'DataSourceConfiguration'.
3/10/2017 8:28:57 AM Failed to Populating Default Datasource Configuration items SM16SST_Prod on <sql> : Invalid object name 'DataSourceConfiguration'.

The portal installed fine on the primary management server, I'm just having problems with these secondary management servers.  I did see this article about installing the dacpac file manually:  https://community.cireson.com/discussion/926/support-faq-manual-installion-of-the-dacpac-file

but is that necessary for the secondary portal servers?  Any other ideas?  I'm also seeing these errors, which I'm assuming are related:

Warning SQL72015: The table [dbo].[KnowledgeArticle] is being dropped and re-created since all non-computed columns within the table have been redefined.
Warning SQL72030: If this deployment is executed, changes to [dbo].[KnowledgeArticle] might introduce run-time errors in [dbo].[p_ManagementPackFinishInstall].
Warning SQL72030: If this deployment is executed, changes to [dbo].[KnowledgeArticle] might introduce run-time errors in [dbo].[KnowledgeView].
Warning SQL72030: If this deployment is executed, changes to [dbo].[KnowledgeArticle] might introduce run-time errors in [dbo].[p_DeleteObsoleteLanguagePacks].
Warning SQL72030: If this deployment is executed, changes to [dbo].[KnowledgeArticle] might introduce run-time errors in [dbo].[p_DeleteObsoleteMonitoringObjects].
Warning SQL72030: If this deployment is executed, changes to [dbo].[KnowledgeArticle] might introduce run-time errors in [dbo].[p_FindLanguagePacksNotInSnapshot].
Warning SQL72030: If this deployment is executed, changes to [dbo].[KnowledgeArticle] might introduce run-time errors in [dbo].[p_MPSelectForExport].
Warning SQL72030: If this deployment is executed, changes to [dbo].[KnowledgeArticle] might introduce run-time errors in [dbo].[p_MPSelectKnowledgeArticle].
Error SQL72014: .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 207, Level 16, State 1, Line 29 Invalid column name 'EndUserContentType'.
Error SQL72045: Script execution error.  The executed script:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    When selecting the components to install,  are you only selecting to install the website?
  • Options
    Yes, when I installed on the two secondary servers, the only piece of the portal I chose to install was the website. 
  • Options
    Anyone from Cireson able to comment on this or should I open up a ticket? 
  • Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    As it run successfully one the first server the database is upgraded, the other two servers then only need the website. Seems odd that the installer still attempted to apply the DAC (which is for DB changes) despite install website only being ticked.

If the websites load OK on your secondary servers then id say your fine, however your welcome to open a support ticket up if you would like us to take a look.

Cheers
    Joe
  • Options
    yeah, I can't get to the portal on those two secondary mgmt servers.  I get the following:

• Options
    Are they all pointing to the same database server? Is the database in an always on availability group (if so evict from the group when running the install)
  • Options
    Yes, all pointing to the same database server.  And no they are not in always available groups (this is SQL 2014).
  • Options
    Does the portal launch on the first server or does that get a similar error? 
  • Options
    Portal loads when going to localhost no the primary management server.  The cache builder service is running fine and syncing data.  The SCSM console runs fine on the secondary management servers, so I don't believe it's a  SQL connection issue back to the SQL server itself. 
  • Options
    That did it.  I had the wrong portal database in there.  I had our SM database instead of the Portal DB (servicemanagement).  It's working now.  Thanks!