Home Analyst Portal

Change requests not appearing in My Requests tab

Suruchi_BharatiSuruchi_Bharati Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello
Our portal is on the 7.4 version. We are noticing that the change requests opened by user are not appearing in My Requests view. Kindly suggest. 

Comments

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a core/by design thing for SCSM - see this feature request/my response.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1198/add-change-requests-to-my-work-view

• Suruchi_BharatiSuruchi_Bharati Customer IT Monkey ✭
    No I am referring to "My Requests" view and not "My Work" view. CRs submitted by me should appear in My Requests view. It used to appear alright till a few months back but now it doesn't.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Requests only return work items where the logged user is the Affected User. CR do not have that relationship.
    can you elaborate. This CR was both submitted by and assigned to me. It does not show in My Requests tab. 
    As Brian and I are trying to get at - My Requests show Work Items where the Affected User is the currently signed in user.

While CRs have this relationship, it isn't set by default in any function of SCSM. As such, the relationship is blank preventing the Cireson portal from rendering this in the way you are currently expecting.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/263/affected-user-for-change-request-in-grid-view

If such a version of the portal existed that knew how to pick a different relationship to render here, this is genuinely the first I've heard of it.
    So how can we populate the affected user column with the user submitting the request ?? This is an absolute critical requirement for us and this used to function alright till sometime back.
    What version of the portal did you experience this working as you described?

In order to achieve this, you could use a always running SCO runbook or a SCO runbook activity that is the first activity of your CR templates that makes this relationship by pulling who the Created By user is and then copying that relationship into the Affected User.
    It was working in v4 for some time at least. I am reviewing a few things at my end.
    There seems to be disconnect here.

I have a question related to the field "Affected User" in Cireson portal. What data should this field populate - is it the user who creates the change request or is it the who will implement it. 

My second question is - in the older versions ( i.e.4) Affected User was not a required field - perhaps not even exposed in the Portal UI. In version 7.4 - this is a Required field. Why was this change made

Would it be accurate to state that any Change requests that have the "affected user" column populated will show up in the "My Requests" view for that user

Also is there a document where all the user interfaces changes in portal UI in v7 documented - can you share the link please

Last question is in v7.4 -  In Home tab - there is a General and Help title under which there are All requests  and links to features: Ask a question, enable new user,Generic IT Service procurement request etc.  I have attached a file with screenshot. Was this added to the UI in latest version since I don't see this at least in version 4. 

Kindly respond to each specific query above. Thank you.

For a CR you only have related objects of 
    • Created by User
    • Assigned to User
    The Form does not have a filed for "Affected User" that is only for IR and SR's
    Unless you have a custom change.js in your custom folder.

For Affected User Requirements it is not a required field on any form. Again unless you have created custom .js forms in your custom folder

Since CR's do not have the Affected User relationship with will not show up in "My Request" 
    Only will show up in My work if they are the Assigned To user

You can allways search out the release notes in the support portal
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1351#/

Don't see a screenshot anywhere in this tread. but all Service Offerings are based on your Service Catalog design from SCSM. 

Brian - I have screenshot of my dev env where after the upgrade to 7.4 - affected user is seen as a required column for a new change request . I have added this to the incident IR63253 (doc1.doc).

Also I need details about this field affected user  - this field is not existing in service manager database -rather its a cireson portal field. I need more details on the logic for this field in cireson - what data should be populated etc. This field seems to be a cireson portal feature.

Also for this query I have attached another screenshot to the incident. Please review and let me know - " In Home tab - there is a General and Help title under which there are All requests  and links to features: Ask a question, enable new user,Generic IT Service procurement request etc.  I have attached a file with screenshot. Was this added to the UI in latest version since I don't see this at least in version 4."

FYI I am not a Cireson Support just a customer, I have no access to your support requests. I was referring to posting the screenshot on this forum. 

Also I need details about this field affected user  - this field is not existing in service manager database -rather its a cireson portal field. 

The Field is not a part of Service Manger and Not a part of Cireson. If you have it on your portal this means to did a custom Change Request form. Review your customspace folder. 
  • merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    There seems to be disconnect here.

I have a question related to the field "Affected User" in Cireson portal. What data should this field populate - is it the user who creates the change request or is it the who will implement it. 

My second question is - in the older versions ( i.e.4) Affected User was not a required field - perhaps not even exposed in the Portal UI. In version 7.4 - this is a Required field. Why was this change made

Would it be accurate to state that any Change requests that have the "affected user" column populated will show up in the "My Requests" view for that user

Also is there a document where all the user interfaces changes in portal UI in v7 documented - can you share the link please

Last question is in v7.4 -  In Home tab - there is a General and Help title under which there are All requests  and links to features: Ask a question, enable new user,Generic IT Service procurement request etc.  I have attached a file with screenshot. Was this added to the UI in latest version since I don't see this at least in version 4. 

Kindly respond to each specific query above. Thank you.

Hello Suruchi,

I hope your day is well. I am one of the Senior Engineers here at Cireson Support.

So there must be some underlining understanding of the process. Lets start there and hopefully it will shed some light. 

Change request forms are the primary project management tool used for requesting any changes to a specific project and are one piece of the change management process. The change request form is filled out by the individual who identifies the need for a change therefore there isn't an "Affected User" only a "Created By" relationship associated with CR's. This is  by design SCSM. Our Software Sits on top of Service Manager. My Requests show Work Items where the Affected User is the currently signed in user. 

While CRs have this relationship, it isn't set by default in any function of SCSM and because of that it is not displayed and cannot be displayed in the Cireson Portal for CR's. You stated that this was working in a previous version of the Portal. I would need to see a screen shot of this as I have never seen this feature. My Requests only returns work items where the logged user is the Affected User. CR do not have that relationship displayed by default so therefore will not appear in the Portal

To achieve what you are asking would require the creation of a Runbook. That relationship will only appear on IR's and SR's. We do have an affected user app for the Service Manager console - https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/7#/ that brings that functionality to the console, but is does not exist for CR's.

Users like @Adam_Dzyacky and @Brian_Wiest are very keen to our Product and have offered good input to your question. 

I hope this answers your questions, 

Merle
  • Aaron_BoockAaron_Boock Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Adding this to custom.js will set the Affected User = Created By User at the time a CR is created

//Set Affected User when creating CR<br>app.custom.formTasks.add('ChangeRequest', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {<br>&nbsp;formObj.boundReady(function(){<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;if(window.location.href.indexOf("/ChangeRequest/New/") > -1){<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;console.log("I'm creating a new change request")<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;pageForm.viewModel.RequestedWorkItem = pageForm.viewModel.CreatedWorkItem;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;});<br>});<br>

Thanks Aaron. The above code snippet isnt working. Its not automatically setting affected user = created by user when CR is created
    When I make the above change to custom.js file - do i need to restart the server for this to take affect. I did restart cireson portal website but this didnt work. 
    I should add, I am using portal 5.0.10.  It's possible portal 6+ would require editing the code.
    ok thanks. Would you know where to find resources to edit the code for version 7and above?
    I just ran a quick test on portal 7.x and it does work (I'm using IE11)

Was the change immediate. I mean did you have to restart anything for it to reflect? Also when do you see the affected user column getting populated - after creating the CR when you click save/apply? Thanks a lot, Aaron

Did not need to restart anything.  Possibly the client browsers have cached a version of custom.js that does not contain this edit (try clearing browser cache).  I don't see Affected User column, the CR will appear in My Requests - that's how you can verify.

It still isnt working. Do I need to tweak the code for my environment. Also we have templates that we use for CRs - does that make any difference why this may not work. Thanks for all your help, I am new to SCSM and Cireson.
    Have you created any new CR's once adding the custom code? This will only apply to new CRs created. It will not go back to current CR's and update to add the affected user.
    yes Brian. I tried creating new CR but the affected user did not auto populate with my name. Although the created by column did. I also tried saving the CR but even that did not work
    Could the experts please pitch in here to help. The code above isnt working as expected. Please help!
    Can you provide the contents of your custom.js file?
    Aaron, here it is:
    /Set Affected User when creating CR
    app.custom.formTasks.add('ChangeRequest', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {
     formObj.boundReady(function(){
      if(window.location.href.indexOf("/ChangeRequest/New/") > -1){
       console.log("I'm creating a new change request")
       pageForm.viewModel.RequestedWorkItem = pageForm.viewModel.CreatedWorkItem;                                  
      }
     });
    });

Either add a second / on your comment line, or remove that line entirely:

/Set Affected User when creating CR

Thanks Aaron, I added the / and then clear the browser cache and re - launched. But it didn't work still
This discussion has been closed.