Home Analyst Portal

Incidents found in Portal that only exist in DWH

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

When doing a work item search, all incidents that match a query will be listed. Unfortunately, this inlcudes incidents that already have been closed and because of the retention settings, only exist in DWH. So when clicking such an incident, I get the message:

"FAILED: The item you requested either does not exist or you do not have access to view it."

It doesn't matter whether I use my administrative account or a regular Analyst account, I get the same message. Why are incidents found and listed in the work item search if they do not exist in CMDB any longer? How can I make sure that those incidents get deleted in the ServiceManagement database?

It's annoying if an Analyst searches for an incident and then tells me not to have access to it. I then have to explain that they only exist in DWH and they have to use the reporting to find the information they're looking for.

Any solution or workaround?

Thanks

Ingrid

Best Answer

Answers

• Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Brian

thanks for the link, I've just voted. I didn't find this article when searching through the community, otherwise I wouldn't have opened a new discussion.

But glad to know that it's not a handling error, but a missing Feature.

Ingrid

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    This is indeed just a missing feature: the ServiceManagement database does not currently have any grooming processes for Work Items. Hopefully this feature will be added in the near future (upvoted you as well :) ).

To get an up-to-date set of WorkItem data in the ServiceManagement database, the WorkItem table can be truncated and a fresh set of data would be pulled from ServiceManager. More instructions in this KB article here: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1142#/

For big environments, re-populating the WorkItem table can take a few minutes to complete, so its recommended to do this during off-hours. If off-hours isn't an option, there are certainly custom ways of doing this in SQL more incrementally.