Home Service Manager

Duplicating a workitem form?

JC9542JC9542 Member IT Monkey ✭
Is there a way to duplicate, not extend, a work item form?  I've been looking around and haven't seen anything referencing that.  We're trying to create a custom workflow with MA's; but unfortunately, we don't have an instance of SCORCH or anyone who knows how to use it either.  What I'm trying to do is branch some MAs off a parent MA for network orders.  I want to add in a drop down list to the parent MA to limit the choices available, but don't see a way to do that yet without adding it to all MAs which wouldn't be applicable.

Answers

• David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    if you are just looking to create a new class based on Manual Activity with its own custom form also based on the MA form in authoring tool.
    • Create a new class by Inheriting from Manual Activity lets call it parent MA and add the required class properties in a new custom management pack
    • now right click in the forms section of your custom management pack and "Add Custom"
    • select your custom Parent MA Class
    • give the form a name, and browse to the activity form assembly (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager Authoring\Library\ActivityManagement\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.ActivityManagement.Forms.dll)
    • now select the manual activity from from the type drop down
    • add the customization's you require (in your case a list box that needs binding to your custom list property)
    • Save and Seal the management pack
    • now create a management pack bundle from the sealed pack with the manual activity assembly you used earlier (how to: http://www.systemcentercentral.com/management-pack-bundles-to-bundle-and-to-unbundlendashcreate-a-mpb-and-extract-contents-from-a-mpb/)
    • import the bundle
    • Create a template for your custom Parent MA class