Home Analyst Portal

Portal Upgrade from v4 to 7.4

Suruchi_BharatiSuruchi_Bharati Customer IT Monkey ✭
I had a query abt the cireson portal upgrade - when upgrade is performed - are the customizations done to the UI (if any) preserved? Or will they be lost after the upgrade

Comments

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all your customization's are in the CustomSpace folder they are preserved. 
    I as general habit make a full flat copy of all the files in inetpub\ciresonportal onto another drive to insure I don't lose the files due to failed install.
  • Suruchi_BharatiSuruchi_Bharati Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks Brian. We had a contractor setup the Service Manager and Cireson portal. He is now not here. Whats an easy way to verify all customizations are in the CustomSpace folder ? Thanks in advance!
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Empty the folder and see if the website goes to factory state. If there are still customization then the contractor did not follow recommended design from Cireson. 
    I am a newbiew to SM and Cireson. Can you give me the exact steps to test and then revert back once test is complete in our dev environment.
    I am noticing that portal v7.4 UI is different than portal v4 UI. we have dev upgraded while prod is on v4. I can see that in the latest version fields like affected user is a required field. This field wasnt even exposed in v4 UI.  Could you please point me to a link detailing all the UI changes in v7. We need this info to publish to our end user all UI changes they should expect to see once we upgrade the portal in production - we need to publish this list prior to upgrade.

Also unlike what you stated above - Affected User is not even a field in Service Manager - this field is only in cireson portal UI - and i notice that any CRs not having data populated in affected user field doesnt show up in My Requests tab for the user. There is no affacted user column fr CRs in Service manager - so this feature is coming from cireson. Can you elaborate if this change to make affected user a required column implemented in the latest version of portal. And was this due to clients and community feature request that was this incorporayed into Cireson Portal UI.
    Please respond.