Home Advanced Send Email

SCSM 2016 and Advanced Email Send attachments not working

KirkPanitzKirkPanitz Member IT Monkey ✭

Hi all,

We are having a problem with attachments not sending with the advanced email send feature. The email itself sends out successfully, but any attachments do not go through.

From the console there is no error, just email sent successfully. Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Answers

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We are having a problem with attachments not sending with the advanced email send feature. The email itself sends out successfully, but any attachments do not go through.

From the console there is no error, just email sent successfully. Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Hello,

Have you checked the configuration on your exchange server? Are you setup to allow attachments? Do you have a limit on how many items you can attach and the file size of those items?
  • KirkPanitzKirkPanitz Member IT Monkey ✭

We're currently using Office 365 SMTP server for the setup. We tried both through a local SMTP relay, and direct to office 365 same result. Email sends no attachment.

No special security on the tenant, allows attachments, and emails are generally flowing normally.

After some further investigation we found that some users are getting an error. In all cases though email sends successfully without attachment. Here's the error.

Date: 1/24/2017 4:33:35 PM

Application: Send Email Form

Application Version: 7.5.7487.0

Severity: Error

Message: This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.

System.ApplicationException: Something wrong happened ---> System.NotSupportedException: This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.

at System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.OnCollectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs args)

at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.DataItemCollection.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 index, T item)

at itnetx.consolemail.assembly.Classes.ConsoleMailWizardData.AddAttachmentToIncident()

at itnetx.consolemail.assembly.Classes.ConsoleMailWizardData.AcceptChanges(WizardMode wizardMode)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at itnetx.consolemail.assembly.Classes.ConsoleMailWizardData.AcceptChanges(WizardMode wizardMode)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.WpfWizardFramework.PropertySheetDialogBase.bgw_DoAcceptWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.BackgroundWorkerWithCulture.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

System.NotSupportedException: This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.

at System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.OnCollectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs args)

at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.DataItemCollection.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 index, T item)

at itnetx.consolemail.assembly.Classes.ConsoleMailWizardData.AddAttachmentToIncident()

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Kirk can you open a support request with us at support.cireson.com ? That way we can take a closer look at this and if needed raise this as a bug.

Hi Seth I appreciate the follow up but...

Were not a paying customer. Just leveraging the free tool and recently upgraded to 2016 where this issue started. So we do not have a login for the support portal.

I can send someone contact info if you'd still like to troubleshoot.

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Kirk, 

I just tested this in my lab using Microsoft Exchange and found the same issue. The email gets sent but there are no attachments. 

What I'll do is raise this in our support portal under my name and include a link back to this thread. I'll get the developers to have a look at this when they are next available. 

Thanks, 
    Tony
    Awesome Tony, thank you very much!
  • Tele2002Tele2002 Member IT Monkey ✭
    Guys, did this get fixed and a new download available?
    Hi Tele2002, 

This is currently still an active issue. I'll ask the devs and find out how the process is going with it. 

Thanks, Tony
  • Tele2002Tele2002 Member IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks Tony, it would be great if they have completed the work and the tool is available now.

Gary
  • Frederik_VandendriesFrederik_Vandendries Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi, 

I'm having the same issue. Don't know if I need to submit this as an incident. Any news about a fix?

Frederik
    Hi all, 

This app has now been updated and is available at softwaredownloads.cireson.com

Release notes found here: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1332#/

Regards, Tony
  • Allan_StewartAllan_Stewart Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited July 2017
    We have just upgraded to SCSM 2016 and are still seeing this issue.
    If i use the 2016.20 version of the app i get the error: Message: This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.
    An email is sent without the attachment.

If i use the 2016.10 version the email is sent but without the attachment.

Is there a newer version than the 2016.20? Or a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance
    Version 2.2.2016.1 fixed the issue mentioned in this post. 
  • Frederik_VandendriesFrederik_Vandendries Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I have Version 2.2.2016.1 installed, but I still get the error message "this type of CollectionView does not...".
    The email is sent, including the attached png file. So for me only the error is still shown, but the app is working fine.

Regards,
    Frederik
  • Morten_Aulie_PettersMorten_Aulie_Petters Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
    For a customer who I recently consulted for and upgraded SCSM to 2016 + Cireson Apps. I have version 2.0.0.9 displayed in the Advanced Send Email Settings, and i have version 2.2.2016.1 for the Management Pack. I get the same error as described above (This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.) I tested using a simple txt file and the message was delivered together with the attachment.
  • Morten_Aulie_PettersMorten_Aulie_Petters Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
    Version 3.0.0.2016 is released now. It fixes the issue with CR and SR Work Items where the task button would give an error. In the release notes it states that version 2017/05/30 - v2.2.x.1 fixed the issue with sending attachments. Which is still not fixed in version 3.0.0.2016 :-(
  • Brett_WBrett_W Member IT Monkey ✭
    I just installed v3.0.0.2016 and it now allows the email to be sent with the attachment and also updates the log entry, but it still throws the error message. 
  • Rod_MartenRod_Marten Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We are getting the same error message SCSM 2012 R2 Advanced Sendmail 3.0.0.2012.
  • Rod_MartenRod_Marten Customer IT Monkey ✭

More details on the error.

Error only occurs from an open form.  It does not occur from a view.  (implies error is coming from IDataItem, not SDK).

Email sends correctly.

Attachment works.

Attachment related to ticket correctly.

Action log updates correctly.

Not sure what else the tool tries to modify. 

• Csaba_RozinyakCsaba_Rozinyak Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
    My customer is using 3.0.0.2016 and they are experiencing the same issue for Incident. Will this be fixed in the upcoming version?
  • Christian_StrowitzkiChristian_Strowitzki Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We are experiencing the same error message when using Send Email (3.0.0.2016) from the incident form. Is there any update on this?

Date: 8/22/2018 11:05:56 AM
    Application: Send Email Form
    Application Version: 7.5.7487.0
    Severity: Error
    Message: This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.

System.ApplicationException: Something wrong happened ---> System.NotSupportedException: This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.WpfWizardFramework.PropertySheetDialogBase.bgw_DoAcceptWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.BackgroundWorkerWithCulture.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
    System.NotSupportedException: This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    There will be a release in the next week that should resolve this issue.