Home Service Manager Asset Management Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Asset Excel: Add HW Asset Type to Hardware search parameters

Would be useful to be able to filter results on Hardware Asset type.
24 votes

Completed · Last Updated

v8.2 of Asset Excel brings a wealth of new filters to Hardware Assets, Software Assets, and the ability to now manage Subnets. New filters include Primary Users, Custodians, Catalog Items, and more.

Comments

• Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This is actually a critical need. We have server, network and PC assets. In order to bring down only one hw asset type, we really need the ability to search that field beyond just "Hardware" or "Software"
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a request for more fields like:
    • Make
    • Model
    • Catalog Item
    This would make the filtering for assets faster and easier.
  • Karen_Bruster1Karen_Bruster1 Member IT Monkey ✭

I also need to have the HW Asset Type field parameter added to the Asset Excel add in Search feature. My customer is tracking absolutely everything under the sun and that is the only way we can distinguish each HW item.
    Any news oon this feature since its been around a Year since it was requested

• Gary_JohnsonGary_Johnson Customer IT Monkey ✭

Since there is no way to edit multiple assets and multiple fields at once in the portal or console. We would like the Custodian field available for searching. Would be beneficial if we could search for assets that are assigned to an individual and then update the asset fields in excel.

• Kathy_HustKathy_Hust Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We also have the same need to have additional search parameters added, as this is the only way to edit multiple asset records.  Fields we have a needed for are as follows:
    *  Asset Type
    *  Custodian Name
    *  Lease Name
  • Stefan_ZielerStefan_Zieler Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We also need this possibility in our daily work with the tool
  • Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Can we please expand on this idea and be allowed to search through the asset excel through EVERY field of EVERY AM class? Everyone has different filtering use cases and scenarios, but for these that aren't yet supported in asset excel, one has to refer to SCSM console if we want to bulk edit something (for example i want to search only user's X Hw assets but I don't have the primary user filter in Asset excel, so I need to use the SCSM console to update it)

We are trying to move people away from the thick console client as best as we can but bulk editing assets in these scenarios is still more useful in SCSM then in asset excel, since you can't bulk edit items in portal either.

I'd like to see this improved and implemented.

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi @Gabriel_Lences

I agree and support this FR internally but as a work around, can your Assets Managers just use an empty search to load all HWAs into excel and then use Excel's filtering to find the ones they want to change and then bulk edit. Not 100% ideal I know, but surely better then giving them a console.

Would this work or have I miss-understood the issue.

Geoff

@Geoff_Ross we have over 20000 HW assets now present in our DB for example. When we load all HWA it crashes the portal (from what I can remember when we were testing this) and i think excel as well.

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

@Gabriel_Lences OK that's interesting. I knew it might be slow but it shouldn't crash it. If the console can handle loading all 20,000 then Asset Excel should too.Have you raised this with our support?

Longer term, I do hope this Feature Request can get some movement.

The portal shouldn't need to load all 20,000 as it can use service side paging, meaning it only ever asks for 1 page (10, 20, 50 or 100) records from the server at a time. Are you using the 'NEW' Asset Management Views?

@Geoff_Ross yes we're using the new CMDB portal views. I'll try testing the asset excel once again sometimes during the end of the week to see if the crashes still happen and I'll raise a support ticket if it does.

Thanks for the info!