Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)
Options

Reports - database doesn't seem to be valid Reporting Database

Hi!

I've just set up my portal and bumps into an issue with the Reports. I get this message:

My reports works fine from SCCM and webbrowser.
Any suggestions? :)

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Johanna,

Make sure your "SCCMCireson" SQL account has at least dbDataReader permissions to the ReportServer database.
    To verify this, log in to the SQL Server Management Studio, go to Security -> Logins -> SCCMCireson, right click and select Properties.
    On the left, select User Mapping. Select the ReportServer database and make sure db_datareader is checked.

We use that connection to list available reports for you to choose from when setting up which reports you want to be available from the portal.
    Once assigned to the portal, we use a report viewer to run the reports, that is why we require both the url to the reporting server and the SQL connection.

Let me know if that works.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • Options
    JohannaJohanna Member IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

Thanks for quick answer!

Unfortunately that was not it. The account has the db_datareader checked for that database

• Options
    F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Johanna,

Does the SQL server have SQL Authentication enabled?
    Select Properties for the SQL Server and select Security from the left and see if Server authentication is set to SQL Server and Windows Authentication.

Can you login to SQL Server Management Studio with that account and access the Reports database?

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • Options
    JohannaJohanna Member IT Monkey ✭

That was it!

Changed the URL to http://servername/reportserver and it works now.

Thanks to both of you for the help!

• Options
    wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Great, glad that it helped.