Home General Discussion
Options

Prefill offering via URL?

Chris_HoldenChris_Holden Customer IT Monkey ✭

Is it possible to answer user prompts by providing the answers in the URL to the offering?

I've been asked how we can generate a ticket from our proxy's access denied page if a user wants to request access. Since emailing Service Manager would result in an incident instead of a service request. Ideally the only prompt the user would have to fill out is "Purpose".

I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Chris_HoldenChris_Holden Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you sir that should work just fine, didn't realize I could point the connector to a template.
  • Options
    Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This will work perfect for one of my user's request. Where do you specify the email box within the connector? Is it associated with the "Run As Account"?
  • Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use Impersonation
    All exchange connectors can use the same Run as account. Just make sure they all have full rights to the mailbox in exchange.
    (Currently I have 16 connectors running this way on a 5 minute sync schedule and not seeing any performance issues)

• Options
    Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Brilliant! Thank you. I was thinking I'd have to write an  Orchestrator Runbook to reassign an Incident auto generated by a system e-mail. This will save me hours of development and testing.
  • Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also something I have done is since there is only one outbox email address that everything is sent from I have rules on the replies that looks for keywords aka [support group] and forwards to another box, this way I have the catchall mailbox but most of my 40 support desks each have their own mailboxes for support requests.