Home Configuration Manager Ticker
Options

What is the correct command line for installing the Ticker App silently via SCCM?

Here is the command I'm using.  msiexec /i "Cireson Ticker App Client x64.msi" /q /L*v C:\CiresonClientApp.log SCCM and the above log reports a success but messages are not being received.  I also realized that all of the necessary files and folders were not created after the install.    

Answers

• Options
    F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi,

Could you attach or email the log file for an installation, so I can have a closer look at it?
    Also, you can try adding the ALLUSERS=2 Windows Installer property:
    msiexec /i "Cireson Ticker App Client x64.msi" /q /L*v C:\CiresonClientApp.log ALLUSERS=2

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • Options
    QWadeQWade Member IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for your reply.  The Cireson folder and subfolders located @ %userprofile%\appdata\local are not created with the silent install. The folder located in the Program Files folder however is created but the announcements fail to run.  In the documentation it mentions the following "You simply need to have the appropriate Configuration Manager Ticker Client App installed and started locally."  Does the app need to be started by the user?
  • Options
    F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The folder you mention in the users profile is created automatically when the user starts the Ticker Client App.
    When installed, it register itself in the Run key in registry, so when the user logs in, it should start automatically.
    The app is running in the users context, so announcements can only be received when a user is logged in.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
This discussion has been closed.