Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Manage and Deploy Software Updates

Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
I have gotten feedback that the ability to approve, management and deploy Software Updates that currently exists in the Config Man Console would be a great addition to the Cireson CMP. Vote up if you agree.
7 votes

In Review · Last Updated

We are actively reviewing this request to determine the total complexity and figure out how we would approach this idea. Once we determine this and we move into sizing and planning, we will update this again.

Comments

• wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks Billy. Yes, software update management is on the list for a future release.
  • Ward442Ward442 Member IT Monkey ✭
    This is an important requirement in our company.  Your product would be perfect if it had this feature.  Unfortunately we can't adopt it unless it is included.    
    Thanks for the information Ward. It is on the roadmap for a future release. But a question for you - does your service desk or desktop support team need to be able to do this? The CMP is really targeted at those type of personas, and not the full ConfigMgr admin. Of course, you may still have a team that does patching, and they could still use the native console to do that work. Service Desk and Desktop Support traditionally (though certainly each environment may differ) perform those functions.

Just curious to see if this feature is needed for those personas. Thanks again for the feedback.

• Ward442Ward442 Member IT Monkey ✭
    Yes we need the CMP for the service desk, and it fits well into this use case for our environment.    However, what is also required is the ability to delegate Software Update deployments to administrators in regulated environments on a site-by-site basis.  If we had the functionality it would solve a lot of problems for security.    
    Great, thanks. So you did confirm my suspicion, that software updates management is not a core feature of the service desk, rather an admin function. It sounds like our initial capabilities ae inline with what you'd expect then for the service desk. I absolutely do understand the need for patch management for other groups, such as patch administrators. Again, we have that on the roadmap to get implemented. Hopefully though you could take advantage of the CMP for the service desk team even without this feature for the patch administrators. Keep checking in with us to find out when we'll have the patch management part available however.
  • Davis_MathaiDavis_Mathai Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    personally, I feel there are enough features in the ConfigMgr console, such as ADRs, for an admin to use and the value would really be in enabling cut down functionality for desktop team members.  I know collection membership management is coming which should go some way to this, but (discussing this with a client) if there was some way that a service desk person could enforce an update or updates on a client very quickly, that would be a great solution!