Home Analyst Portal

user no longer marked as analyst

Mike_StormsMike_Storms Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
I have an issue where a user is not marked as an analyst anymore in the servicemanagement DB... everything works fine for him in the SCSM console but when I look at CI$Users analyst says 0 it should say 1.... he is the correct ad groups and this worked on Friday... how can I fix it?

Answers

• R_DelawderR_Delawder Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    If you are sure the user is in the correct group. I would clear the CI$users table then restart the cache builder service. I have had to do this in the past when troubleshooting similar issues with Cireson tech. After it syncs back up with SM database if the property is still not there then I would look closer at the membership of the analyst group that is defined in the settings items under AnalystADGroup as that is the group that determines analyst rights in the portal.
  • Mike_StormsMike_Storms Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    how do you clear the CI$users table?
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

You could try a full resync on your Cache Builder as well to ensure the CiresonDB isn't the culprit:

Stop Portal - Stop Application Pool
    Stop Cache Builder then execute query.

/** ULTIMATE CIRESON DB CACHE RESET */

DELETE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[DisplayString] WHERE ElementID IN (SELECT EnumerationID FROM [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[Enumeration] WHERE CreatedBy = 'c6745a66-5ccc-4fbc-b1d8-ab9797cdea2d');
    DELETE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[Enumeration] WHERE CreatedBy = 'c6745a66-5ccc-4fbc-b1d8-ab9797cdea2d';

TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[Access_CI$User_ConfigurationItem];
    TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[Access_CI$User_RequestOffering];
    TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[Access_CI$User_ServiceOffering];
    TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[Access_CI$User_WorkItem];

TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[Affected_CI$WorkItem_ConfigurationItem];
    TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[Reviewer_WorkItem_CI$User];

TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[CI$DomainGroup];
    TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[CI$User];
    TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[RequestOffering];
    TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[ServiceOffering];
    TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[WorkItem];
    TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[ConfigurationItem];

TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[Related_CI$WorkItem_ConfigurationItem];
    TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[Relates_RequestOffering_KnowledgeArticle];
    TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[Relates_ServiceOffering_KnowledgeArticle];

TRUNCATE TABLE [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[LastModified];

Optionally you can rebuild the database tables to free up space:

USE [ServiceManagement];
    EXEC sp_MSforeachtable N'ALTER TABLE ? REBUILD;';

Then Start Cache Builder
    Then Start Application Pool - Start Portal

Note that by the time the Cache Builder syncs the Enumerations, you'll need to stop and start the App Pool again to force the Web Portal to grab the Enumerations from the Database, so after doing the above I recommend checking for enumerations in the database being present and then giving the servers a restart/app pool restart, otherwise it'll take all day to sync them over.
  • R_DelawderR_Delawder Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

to clear just the users table

Truncate table CI$user

note between when you do this and when you restart the cache and it syncs; no one will  have access so be sure to do it after hours if it is necessary.

• Ben_TeyBen_Tey Partner Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I'm facing this for 2 customer environment already. The CI$User table seem truncated and rebuild the same time everyday. All analyst will missing icon "active work" from sidebar.

anyone facing the same issue ?
    I'm going to report this as bug