Home Analyst Portal

field for Child Work Items on Service Requests not displaying

John_VrabelJohn_Vrabel Customer IT Monkey ✭
For Service Requests, in the code of the ServiceRequest.js form under Custom Spaces, there is a section under Related Items that should show child work items.  It's not displaying in the form, even though the code suggest it should be there.  How do I resolve this?  It would be nice for our users to be able to add all of the child work items to a SR from the SR form in Cireson.

Comments

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The child items tab is hidden on an Incident until such time as it is tagged as a Parent Work Item.
    Once you click on the "Convert to Parent" task it will then show this field.

Example:

I hope this answers your question.
  • John_VrabelJohn_Vrabel Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I was asking about Service Requests.  I know there are Parent and Child relationships for service requests, can those be managed in Cireson?  I manage them via orchestrator runbooks whenever a service request generates other service requests, but would like for this to also be a manual process for Requests for Changes and what not.
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologise. I missed the fact that you were talking about Service requests.

Within SCSM there is not a "Parent\Child" relationship between SR's like there is IR's.
    The ode that you are seeing in the ServiceRequest.js template folder seems to be a hang over from a good ol' fashioned "Cut & Paste"

I'd suggest it's just possible as that kind of relationship is not available

There is a Parent\Child relationship in SCSM.  I believe all work items can have this Parent\Child relationship.  The out of the box Service Request class has a Boolean field for "IsParent".  The relationships for Parent\Child are stored in the WorkItemHasParentWorkItem table.  If you can flag a Service Request as a Parent, maybe via a task, I'm wondering if the child Work Items field would show as visible.  I'll test this now.

I just tested, set a Service Request "IsParent" field to True using smlets.  The field for adding child items does show up now in the Cireson Service Request form.  Now, how do I add a task to the service request to flag it as a parent, like you can for incidents? 

I was able to write up these tasks in the custom.js.  It works, and I matched the task titles and prompt wording up to Incidents.  The only thing that I couldn't figure out is how do I get it to apply the changes once I press yes on the message prompt.  I never could figure out how to get that to work for tasks.  I've highlighted in yellow where I added code that I thought would work, but does anyone have any input on how to make the changes commit once Yes is clicked?

I've given up looking for how to auto save/commit the task changes.  Why is it so hard to find out how to do this?  Seems like it should be in the knowledge article on Cireson for Custom Tasks.  Everyone always forgets to click save after using a custom task.

If anyone knows how to code a custom task so that it will auto save/apply the changes after clicked, please let me know!

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi John,

Very nice work so far. I love finding these little 'Easter Eggs' from Microsoft - great functionality that is in place in the classes but just not exposed via the interface and then building interface for it.

The line of code you are after is:
    pageForm.save(function (){ location.reload();}, null);
    This saves the form and then reloads the page which is effectively the same as Apply.

Thanks for this, please post the final solution as I know this will be great for others.

Geoff

I would love to post the final solution.  I want to complete the thought though.  I want to add one more task that is visible whenever a service request is not a parent.  For Incidents, this task is called "Link To Parent Incident".  I would like to create a task that says "Link To Parent Service Request" and is hidden when a Service Requests "IsParent" field is true.  I don't know how to build this kendowindow that pops up however, can you help me?  If I am able to look into the Incident code, I can build it myself, but don't know where to look since it's not in custom.js.

Also too, if you make a Service Request a Parent, and then go to (1) add child work items under related items, it will only allow you to specify (2) Incidents.  I'm going to see if I can edit the ServiceRequest.js code, remove the childWorkItems code from Cireson, and add custom code so that it will display ServiceRequests instead.  I'll be working on it, but if you already have code for that, that would be appreciated as well.

Can anyone from Cireson respond to this?  It's been a week now.

how do i get someone from cireson to help finish this?
  • Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@John_Vrabel could you fix that in your environemnt?

Seems like this still does not work in Version 11. I was able to make the field visible, but as the parent/child is limited to Incidents in the Cireson portal, Parent/Child SRs are not shown.