Home Analyst Portal
Options

End Users Approving Own Request!

James_YeohJames_Yeoh Partner IT Monkey ✭
This is a basic question, but please bear with me.

In this environment, end users are required to be able to approve service requests if they are the managers. Assigned reviewers must be able to approve a request, even if they are end users. 

However, end users should not be modifying the MA or RA in a ticket in anyway, including completing a task, adding a reviewer, approving a ticket they are not supposed to.

In the permissions, if I don't grant the end users advanced operator roles, they can't even look at their own tickets. If I grant them these roles, they'll be able to modify the MA or RA of any tickets they raised. I understand that we can limit the people that can do these things under the settings item tab, but if I limit these functions to only the analyst group, these end users then loses the ability to approve requests. 

What do I need to set correctly in order for end users to not be able to modify any MA and RA? The only exception is if the end user is an assigned reviewer, then they are allowed to approve the RA.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards
James

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hmm. End user can see any ticket and you add them to see MyWork Queue and  under Navigation Settings they will see there any RAs they need to approve.
    Under Admin Settings>Activity>Review Activity Task>Apprve/Reject - You give them access to Approve/Reject and they are all set.

For End users I moved the Activities under the General tab on the SR form. 
  • Options
    Thats the part that I thought was weird, if I remove them from any advance operator role, they lose the ability to view those tickets :(
  • Options
    All forms didnt work, but granting all queues did the trick, using the end user role you suggested. Only problem though is that for users, I have to target domain users, and I hope this did not in turn, grant all my analyst access to all queues because there are segregation... I need to test it out.

Thanks Adrian for the help!
  • Options
    I finally got to test this, if I grant all queues to domain users I get to cover these end user managers, but I would cause all the analysts to be able to see all tickets, which is not what I want. If I don't grant all queues, the support analyst will see only what they are meant to see, which is what I want but then the end user managers will not be able to access the tickets they need to approve. I'm stuck :(