Home General Discussion

Cireson Console Licensing Notification Worfklow Failing

Greg_TateGreg_Tate Customer IT Monkey ✭

Just installed the Cireson Console App Licensing management pack.
Trying to test the Cireson Console Licensing Notification Workflow, but the workflow continues to fail.

This is a new SCSM environment.
Confirmed the SMTP channel works for other workflow notifications.
Confirmed the Cireson.Console.Licensing.Workflows.dll file exists in the Service Manager directory on the workflow server.

Any ideas on how to successfully test the Cireson Console Licensing Notification workflow?

Here's the event details:A Windows Workflow Foundation workflow failed during execution. Workflow Type: Cireson.Console.Licensing.Workflows.NotificationWorkflow
Workflow Identifier: 1d685630-f147-21c9-2541-34bee4de900c Exception Type: System.Security.SecurityException
Exception Message: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. Inaccessible logs: Security. Exception Stack: at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.FindSourceRegistration(String source, String machineName, Boolean readOnly, Boolean wantToCreate) at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source, String machineName, Boolean wantToCreate) at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source) at Cireson.Console.Licensing.Workflows.NotificationWorkflow.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.FaultAndCancellationHandlingFilter.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime) at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()

Comments

• wouter_dedoodwouter_dedood Member IT Monkey ✭
    Same problem here, any update on this?
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    We are experiencing the same issue in our DEV environment - @Joe_Burrows is this something you can comment on? If not, I'll put in a support ticket if that's the best course of action.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jonathan

This was a fixed issue in the later versions. What MP Version is your Dev environment running for console licensing?

Regards
    Joe
  • Greg_TateGreg_Tate Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited March 2017
    I just updated to the latest version and continue to experience this issue. Any ideas on how to resolve?

This is the latest version for SCSM 2012 R2. Our workflow server is on a separate server than the server that runs the Cireson portal.

Here's the error message I'm receiving:

Unable to determine Cireson Licensing Client version during initalization. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Service Manager\Cireson.Console.Licensing.Workflows.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515) ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    My general experense with any of the SCSM DLL for work flow is to run the cache clearner tasks during the "install"
    Meaning 
    Stop services on all Mananagement services
    Delete the Health state store folders
    Add the DLL into the 1st managment server SCSM install directory
    Start services on all management services in the proper order
    Check the Operations Manager log for startup errors.
    Doing this process I see the DLLs getting picked up properly to match the updated management packs.
    HTH
    Thanks for the support Brian. I performed the operations you suggested but continue to receive the same error. It looks as if the process is trying to load the Cireson.Console.Licensing.Workflows.dll from Program Files as a network location instead of a local path, i.e. file:///C:\Program Files Microsoft\...".

My next option is to upgrade to SCSM 2016, remove the MP entirely, and then introduce the 2016 version of the MP. Will circle back once that's done.
  • Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I found this thread because I am getting an error when trying to edit the console app licensing, and it causes the console to crash.

b: Unable to determine Cireson Licensing Client version during initalization. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager\Cireson.Console.Licensing.Workflows.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515) ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
    The fix for me was to launch the Cireson portal as an admin and go through the licensing process.
  • Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I found this thread because I am getting an error when trying to edit the console app licensing, and it causes the console to crash.

b: Unable to determine Cireson Licensing Client version during initalization. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager\Cireson.Console.Licensing.Workflows.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515) ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
    Hello Chris,

I often find this issue when the .ZIP file that contains the MP and .DLL files was not unblocked prior to unzipping. We have a how-to and explanation available here:

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/156/support-faq-unblocking-zip-files

Hope this helps.

• Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Yep spot on, all fixed! Thank you