Home Asset Management

License Key field in Asset Management issue

John_VrabelJohn_Vrabel Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited February 2017 in Asset Management
Is there a guide on how to use the License Key field for licenses?

I've got a test environtment and a prod environtment.  In TEST, I can see the license key field for licenses when using the portal.  When I use the Console, i don't see the license key field.  IN PROD, I can't see the license key field on both the portal and the console.  Both environments have the same version of asset management and the same settings.  

How do I get the license key field to show up in the portal for PROD?  I already checked the License.js file as well, that matches exactly to my TEST environment too.  

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're talking about what I think you're talking about...then the wording of this isn't entirely clear and results in a less than obvious configuration.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/262/asset-console-portal-license-key

• John_VrabelJohn_Vrabel Customer IT Monkey ✭

I'm really confused now.  So I have to specify an AD group of users who shouldn't be able to see the keys? That seems backwards.  That would be impossible to manage, especially since it doesn't recommend using groups inside the group.  Also, do I just specify the group name or do I need to put DOMAIN\Groupname. 

• Tyson_ArztTyson_Arzt Customer IT Monkey ✭
    @John_Vrabel

Did this every get figured out for you or your team? We continue to have issues with this despite being updated to the latest AM version.
     Thank you.
    no, it's hard to get help or answers sometimes here
  • Tyson_ArztTyson_Arzt Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We have a really strange issue happening. Some days the users we want to have access to the Key field can see it fine, while other times they are unable to. That is without any changes on our side. It is a pretty frustrating and difficult to track down issue.
    I think we're going to abandon storing the licenses in the Cireson Asset Management solution.  We are probably going to create a separate (restricted to specific users) directory that has all of the license information.  We can just reference the location of the license in the Cireson license.  I'm not storing the license though anywhere in Cireson.
  • Stuart_SneddonStuart_Sneddon Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We have a really strange issue happening. Some days the users we want to have access to the Key field can see it fine, while other times they are unable to. That is without any changes on our side. It is a pretty frustrating and difficult to track down issue.
    We are seeing the same thing here. Most of the time the key field is visible, but occasionally it disappears. Restarting the console resolves the issue, at least for a while. Issue appears to be quite random.