Home Service Manager

Config Item doesnt like when Line Manager changes in AD

Erin_MurphyErin_Murphy Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited March 2017 in Service Manager

Hi all,

We have recently had a big restructure in the organisation that resulted in a lot of analyst's line managers changing in AD.

I have noticed that the CI User time hasnt updated and still has the old line manager. When a CR is created, the line manager is staying blank.

Does anyone know if there is a way to force the line manager to change in service manager?

I have tried recreating the AD connector, deleting the user and letting it sync back in, some people have changed, but some havent

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Erin

Surprised what you have already tried hasnt fixed it, seems a bit odd!

When you deleted the user was it fully deleted from SCSM? (removed from Administration -> Deleted Items)

Regards
    Joe
  • Erin_MurphyErin_Murphy Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Joe,

I tried that this morning, deleted a users CI, deleted fully, synced the AD connector and now the AD connector is stuck "Running with Error" at 92.

I have had a look at the event logs in the server and we seem to have a lot of LFX 3334 errors:

Data synchronization failed by DefaultCache.MomStore.ADUsers_Manager.DefaultCache.ADConnector.6629006538e84cf8ac686103084033e1:Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Connector.Sql.DataConnectorSql. Exception type:NullReferenceException Exception message:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. StackTrace: at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Linking.Consumer.OperationalStore.DataSetTransformer.ComputeManagerDeletes(Dictionary`2 result, IList`1 existingManagers, Dictionary`2 userToNewManager) at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Linking.Consumer.OperationalStore.DataSetTransformer.DeleteObsoleteManagerRelationships(ManagementPackRelationship relationshipType, Dictionary`2 result, EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, ManagementPackType storeType) at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Linking.Consumer.OperationalStore.DataSetTransformer.TransformToEnterpriseManagementObjects(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, ManagementPackType storeType, SessionSettings sessionSettings, Boolean useStagingSDK, Boolean isGRCSolution) at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Linking.Consumer.OperationalStore.OperationalStoreConsumer.ConsumeData(DataSet data, SessionSettings sessionSettings) at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Connector.Datacenter.SessionHost.DataSync()

Does any of that make sense to you Joe?

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhh, this is great! Thanks @adam_Dzyackyok so just to clarify, this article is saying to create an AD connector that will bring in all disabled managers??
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup.
    edited March 2017

Thanks @Adam_Dzyacky

Ok, so I created an AD connector the brought in the disabled managers. That synced 100%. I then created an AD Connector that points to the 'staff accounts' OU. That is now again stuck at 92% 'running with errors'.

I can't individually select users as I need all staff in this one domain to be synced.

Any ideas? :s

It looks like most CI's have updated to their right line manager, except the one i fully deleted out of Service Manager. He is there but has no line manager or direct reports. Therefore, all his direct reports now no longer have a line manager.