Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Advanced Request Offering - Change Request Ability

Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Feedback I receive from customers is they want the ability to create change requests on the service catalog.

Commonly this is done with an SR template and some automation but it would be great to have this as an option with the Cireson Advanced Request Offering Wizard.

Workaround to achieve this in the interim posted here.
92 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Feature was released in 9.2.0

Comments

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    This would be perfect for managing standard changes. We has extended our SR class to include a Standard Change flag but this would make a lot more sense for reporting.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the votes.
  • Thomas_StrombergThomas_Stromberg Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This feature was announced on one of Ciresons webbinar back before v5 was release. But i guess they forgot or scratched the idea? It was Shaun that announced that the feature was coming with advanced request offering.
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Would very much like to see this also.

Regards,

Adrian

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, just chiming in here.  This was announced as an idea back in late v4 / early v5 days, however, after speaking with several customers for confirmation and further validation we were encouraged to provide other solutions ahead of this.  

This still remains an item we would like to develop, so continue to vote this up to drive priority.  

Thanks!
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    *bump*

This one has been out there a while, and I am surprised it has not been voted to the top--especially by customers who have used other ITSM portals before.  Creating CR's by attaching a runbook activity to an SR ruins reporting and can confuse requesters (sometimes even implementers!).

@Chris_ross has even expressed an interest in having the team work on it.  @Adam_Dzyacky wants to give this "All of the votes."

Since I only have one vote, I at least want to make sure that folks who may be newer to this site know how close they may be to finally having parity with other ITSM products and have the opportunity to give their vote.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Tom 

As a workaround until this gets more votes you could mess with the RO MP a little bit to target a change request template (not technically supported but it works assuming users have role access to create CRs) - have attached my example MP too.

Automatically adds the affected user relationship too so it will appear on the users "My Requests" page & grid.

Reposted ARO example here

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Joe_Burrows.  This is great information to have available in the meantime.  I look forward to when this is available by default, but I appreciate having the workaround documented here until then!
  • Ben_NelsonBen_Nelson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This is very much needed.  If there is a vote button, tell me where to click.
  • Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Up vote.   This is needed.
  • Randy_SowardsRandy_Sowards Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We are biting at the bit to use this feature.  Our users will love it and we get the info we want from them.  Please continue to vote this up to drive priority.  
    We are not comfortable with performing a non-supported workaround.  Currently we are using templates but that requires technical training that is confusing to some.  Really hope this is coming in the near future.

We have been looking at putting this workaround in. So far so good.

But we have noticed, even with all of the adjustments listed above, multiple mappings only works with the parent Change Request, it does not work with any of the sub activities that sit under the change request. (it does work initially, but then when you try and re-open multiple mappings after saving your changes, it just crashes the console).

Just keep this in mind.

Cheers,

Adrian

edited March 2017
    @Adrian_Paech did you extend the class to have CiresonARA02 as it should work

Yes I did do this, and still had the problem.

Cheers,

Adrian

edited March 2017

Yes I did do this, and still had the problem.

Cheers,

Adrian

Good to know, I must not have fully tested initially. Thanks :)

Let me know how you go with your testing. Might have been something peculiar to our environment.

We have managed to get around it with some runbook monitors which auto-run on the creation of a Change Record. But would be nice to eventually have this working when its a supported feature :)

Adrian

Let me know how you go with your testing. Might have been something peculiar to our environment.

We have managed to get around it with some runbook monitors which auto-run on the creation of a Change Record. But would be nice to eventually have this working when its a supported feature :)

Adrian

Seemed to work, multiple mapped a child activity, saved. Edited again and added another multi map on activity and saved OK.

But agree with the amount of votes here hopefully this can be added to the product at some stage eh @seth_coussens

Ok interesting.

Not sure why that is.

Maybe I will spend a bit more time on it to see if I can get it working.

Adrian

• Oskar_PittersOskar_Pitters Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

can you please Help me. I tried to build the MP like you did. But after hitting the save Button in Cireson Portal I only get the 3 loading circles and nothing else happens.

I created a clean new MP then added the References and the ObjectTemplate of my CR Template. Then I changed the ElementID in languagePack section and the TargetTemplate in RequestOffering Section.

Do I miss something?

Even the "Raise Change Request" Offering exmaple of you behaves like this. After a click on "SAVE" the 3 loading circles appear and that's it.

I can add the MP.xml if you Need it.

Following error is Shown in Debugging:

Best Regards, Oskar

I really hope this enhancement get reviewed in the very near future. Unsupported work around will not fly in our enviroment. We have been using the out of box solution but it hasn't been the easiest due to the larger learning curve vs an ARO.   There was a lot of expectations that it would been build like an RO from the beginning.  Good to see it floating to the top!
  • Joshua_GuereJoshua_Guere Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Yes, please!  The SR to CR conversion using Orchestrator does work, but like someone else mentioned, it messes up reporting metrics and can be confusing... Native CR support in request offerings is a must!  
  • Conrad_ShealyConrad_Shealy Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I just wanted to hop in here and also request this feature.  We have been using the custom workaround in order to force CR's to be available in the ARO builder but would really like it to be a native feature.
  • Simon_LovittSimon_Lovitt Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Any feedback yet as to whether the supported CR is being worked on, and if so expected release?
  • Mark_McKernanMark_McKernan Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Would love to see this feature added. 
    I've implemented the workaround by @Joe_Burrows.

Since we cannot map anything to the Assigned To fields, we still have to ask analysts set themselves as the assignee for CR and the MAs.

Does anybody have a clean solution for this? I'd like to keep it contained to the RO and not have to step into SMA since it occurs after submission.

Cireson, please consider this when developing a supported solution.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting this accomplished via Cireson PowerShell activity for the first activity. 
    We plan to extend to MA's soon. But the below gets you the CR assigned.

Param([guid]$id)
    import-module smlets 

$crcl = get-scsmclass -name system.workitem.changerequest$

$cr = get-scsmobject -class $crcl -filter "id -eq '$id'"

$createdByRel = Get-SCSMRelationshipClass -name system.workitemcreatedbyuser$

$createdyByUser = get-scsmrelatedobject -SMObject $cr -Relationship $createdByRel

$assignedByRel = get-scsmrelationshipclass -name system.workitemassignedtouser$

New-SCSMRelationshipObject -Relationship $assignedByRel -source $cr -target $createdyByUser -bulk

Remove-Module SMlets

Good idea @Brian_Wiest. My mind was on holidays already.
  • Rob_SimonRob_Simon Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Curious if there was any official updates from Cireson as to the possibility of this feature being made official as it works so well for us.
  • Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭

Yes.   Please implement

This discussion has been closed.